WhatsApp messenger is a cross-platform instant messaging App for Android, iphone, blackberry, windows phone, Nokia Symbian platforms. You can also download WhatsApp on your Java Phone. As we know WhatsApp is very much popular and we can share images, videos, and audio files with our friend circle. The best part of whatsapp is it gets easily integrated with your contacts within phone directory. Until now there is no official version of whatsapp available for windows or mac operating systems, But there are some android emulators available that allow us to use android apps on pc. So in this way we can easily use whatsapp on pc. There are different ways to install WhatsApp for PC/Laptop but the method that I’m going to demonstrate is the most secure and fastest way to do so.
Features of WhatsApp for PC:
- Here are some outstanding features of whatsapp that will definately blow your mind :
- You can send unlimited messages, pictures & videos to your friends circles for free.
- Share your current location with your friends.
- Create groups and chat with multiple people at once.
- You can make whatsapp call for free (Coming soon)
Recommended : Kik Messanger For PC
How to Download and Install WhatsApp on PC
I’m going to demonstrate two methods the first one is by using whatsapp web that was recently announced by Jan Koum, CEO of whatsApp and the secound one is by using a popular android emulator called bluestacks. Both these methods are pretty simple & I have also covered some basics like Adding contacts on whatsapp on bluestacks & Changing your profile picture in whatsapp on bluestacks. If you are think that WhatsApp Web has been launched now we no longer need bluestacks than you are wrong, because whatsapp web does’nt works as we all think it will definately kill your expectations. To use whatsapp web we need our device with us and Yes it should also be connected to internet then only we can use whatsapp on our web browser. Whatsapp web does’nt work without a smartphone connection, So if you don’t have a smartphone then only way remaining is to use bluestacks in order to use whatsapp for pc.
This method totally explain’s you how to access WhatsApp in your web browser. The cross messaging platform has introduced WhatsApp for web that let’s you access WhatsApp through your computers web browser. With 700 plus million monthly active users for WhatsApp, WhatsApp has almost killed text messaging and other text messaging services and today it is also available on web. Every one was waiting for it and here it comes, the rumour has finally became a reality. Jan Koum, CEO of whatsApp recently posted on facebook :
As per Jan Koum, it’s simply an extension of your smartphone that mirror all your conversations and your phone needs an internet connection. I thought we will be able to access WhatsApp from PC without any smartphone connection but unfortunately that’s not the case our phone need’s to be connected to the internet otherwise whatsApp client on web gets disconnected as shown below.
As per some limitations of iOS development Platform its not available for iOS for now but we could soon expect it.
How to Use WhatsApp for PC using WhatsApp Web
- First step is to update WhatsApp to its Latest Version from play store.
- Now open WhatsApp and you will see WhatsApp Web in option menu.
- In case if it does’nt works then you need to update WhatsApp from its official site as WhatsApp releases most of their updates via their site and only publish them to Play Store when they want to introduce a feature.
- Visit web.whatsapp.com on your computer and there you can see a barcode. Now open WhatsApp on your mobile and navigate to WhatsApp Web to scan the barcode.
- That’s it !! Now you will be able to use WhatsApp on your computer.
How to Use WhatsApp Web Video Tutorial :
This method requires an android emulator, An android emulator is a program that allow us to use android apps within our windows pc. There are many android emulators such as bluestacks,Youwave etc but the best one is bluestacks. So to install whatsapp on pc we are going to use bluestacks as its the most trusted android emulator. So first lets see how to download and install bluetacks , So follow the step given below to download bluestacks android emulator.
How to Download & Install Bluestacks
- To use WhatsApp apk file on PC , we need to download a software called Bluestacks App Player. Click on link below to download Bluestacks for PC free. It is just 12 MB software and will take hardly 2-5 minutes of your time depending on your internet speed.
- After downloading the setup file install it on your windows pc just like other softwares. Installation take some of your time to install additional files from internet. Basically these files are system files or system images required to run Android OS. Let it be install properly.
- After successful installation launch the Bluestacks by double clicking icon on your desktop. You will see the screen like this.
How to Download and Install WhatsApp in Bluestacks
- To install whatsapp on pc you have to search for it in bluestacks. To search WhatsApp click on that Search icon as shown in above image.
- You will see the WhatsApp icon in search result. If it does not display the WhatsApp icon then click on “Search Play for whatsapp”.
- It will open Android Play Store for you and will ask you to log in with your Google Account. Just log in with your existing google account and click on Install WhatsApp.
- After installation click on “OPEN” button. Just like below.
- To use WhatsApp on PC further you have to verify and setup your phone number.
- You will see “Welcome to WhatsApp” screen when you open it for first time after installation. Click on “Agree and continue”.
- To use WhatsApp further you have to verify your phone number. To do so, select your country -> confirm country code and enter your phone number. Just like image below.
- It will pop up a small message screen displaying your phone number and message like “Is this OK, or would you like to edit the number?” Click OK if it is correct or click on Edit if your mobile number is incorrect.
- Now you will see the screen like this. WhatsApp will try to send and detect SMS to verify your phone number. Don’t worry just wait for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes it will show you error like image below. Showing that “SMS verification failed. Please try voice verification”. So click on “Call me” button. Note: Before clicking on “Call me” button make sure your mobile is switched on. Otherwise verification will fail.
- WhatsApp bot will call you on given phone number. Pickup that call and enter the 6-digit code that you hear.
- Now “Profile info” screen will open. If you want to setup your name and profile photo then you can do it. Click on “Next” after everything is done.
- Now Click on “Continue” button. That’s it folks, we have successfully downloaded and installed WhatsApp para PC.
That’s it guys, we have successfully downloaded and installed WhatsApp for PC/Laptop running on Windows platform for free! Enjoy WhatsApp download for Laptop or PC. If you have any problem regarding this tutorial you can leave your query below in the comment section. We would love to help you! Wait don’t go away checkout how to add contacts in whatsapp on your pc.
How to Add Contacts in WhatsApp on Your PC
Many people ask me about how we can add contacts, well it is very easy to do so. So first of all open whatsapp within bluestacks. Now click on options menu on the top right corner after that click on contacts and select add new contact. Using this way you can easily add contacts on whatsapp in your pc.
I Hope now you are aware of every methods available to use whatsapp on your windows 7/8 pc. If you have any doubt then feel free to ask in comments.