After launching new WhatsApp for Web, Voice Calling and Material Design features WhatsApp now comes with another exciting feature through which you can now take a backup of your WhatsApp chat on your Google Drive account and can able to restore them. Earlier there was only one option through which WhatsApp automatically performs backup at 4 AM to your Internal/SD card. To get this feature you have to update your WhatsApp to the latest version i.e. 2.12.45. In this article we are going to see – “How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Messages from Google Drive“.
- Read also – How to use WhatsApp on your PC/Laptop.
HOW TO TAKE WHATSAPP BACKUP AND RESTORE FROM GOOGLE DRIVE
- Update your WhatsApp from Play Store to the latest version 2.12.45.
- Now open your WhatsApp -> Go to the Settings -> Chat settings -> Chat backup.
- You will see the new option labeled with “Google Drive settings“. Click on Backup frequency to select when to perform WhatsApp backup.
- After that select your Google account to connect your WhatsApp with Google Drive.
- Now click on Back up now to start backing up your WhatsApp chat messages.
(Note: Make sure you have good internet connection with good bandwidth data plan. Unlimited internet data plan is recommended.)
This one of excellent and important feature through which you can restore your WhatsApp backup any time you want. Earlier WhatsApp only stores the backup on your Internal/SD card. Now in case if you accidentally deleted/formatted your SD card still you can restore your chat messages from your Google Drive account. The only con is to perform the WhatsApp backup to Google Drive you should have a good internet connection and data plan (an unlimited data plan is recommended) as the size of backup may be large.
I’m sure you would like this new WhatsApp feature and this article too. If you have any doubts then post your query below in the comment section. Thank you!