This happens with all of us; sometimes we accidently delete some important files. Some of these files may be very important for you. The only way to recover lost data from hard drive is using a data recovery tool. This guide will explain you the easiest way to recover lost files from your computer, SD card or USB drive.
There are various data recovery software’s available in the market and I have tried most of them. If you are planning to save few bucks and try using a free hard drive data recovery tool then I doubt you. As most of the free data recovery tools won’t work as per your expectations.
I recommend using Wondershare data recovery. As it is an all in one data recovery tool with some great features. Here are some of the best features of Wondershare data recovery:
- Recovers up to 550+ files formats.
- Recovers data from smartphones, cameras, SD card, USB drives, external hard drive, iPods and much more.
- Support four major modes for advance data recovery.
It is available for both Windows & Mac. It is comparatively cheaper than other recovery software’s. The Windows version cost $39.95 & the Mac version cost $89.95 for lifetime.
Recover Hard Drive Data Using Wondershare Data Recovery
- So first you need to download Wondershare Data Recovery and install it on your computer.
- I recommend buying the full version as the free version can only recover 100 MB of data.
- Now launch it and click on “Standard Mode”.
- Here you will find some recovery modules which you can use. Here is a quick overview of these modules.
Lost File Recovery: If you know the location of deleted files then you can use this option. Using this option you can also recover deleted files from your external hard drive, memory card or USB drive.
Partition Recovery: This option lets us recover deleted or damaged partitions. Once the partition is recovered then you can further scan to find deleted or damaged files.
Raw Recovery: If your data is lost by viruses or malwares then you can use RAW recovery. This option scans the raw hard drive partition and previews recoverable files.
Resume Recovery: This is one of the best features of Wondershare data recovery. As we all know scanning for deleted files takes hours, so you can save your scan results and resume it later using Resume Recovery.
- For this tutorial we our using lost file recovery, so click on Lost File Recovery and select the location of lost or deleted files.
- Click on “Start” to start the scanning process. If you are recovering files from a formatted PC then you can tick on enable deep scan to recover files with completed folder structures .But this will increase the scanning time.
- Once the scanning is completed, you will find all the deleted files.
- You can select the desired files and click on Recover.
- Now it will ask you to select a path to save the recovered files. You can select any location and click on Recover.
- That’s it, wasn’t that easy.
Some Tips for Data Loss:
- If your data is missing then check your PC for viruses and malware. They may be the reason for your data loss.
- If you lose data frequently then try Resetting your Windows PC.
- Also make sure to back up your data regularly. You can also use cloud backup software like Google Drive or Dropbox.