We all might have did this deleted an important file by mistake. Maybe that file may worth a lot to you, so this article will help you out in recovering deleted files from any kind of storage device whether its PC, Memory card, Portable hdd, Pen drive etc. So the method we are going to discuss requires a third party software. The software is a freeware so you don’t need to pay anything for it. So let’s move on to the method on how to recover permanently deleted files from your pc.
Before getting started we need to download the software to recover permanently deleted files. The application we are going to use is called Recuva and you can download it from the link given below.
How to install Recuva ?
The installation process is similar as other installation, so follow the below steps to install Recuva on your pc.
- Launch recuva now you can see a window as shown below, Click on Next
- Just go with the default selection and click on Install, Now the installation process will start.
- After your installation is completed click on Finish button, Now you are ready to retrieve permanently deleted files from your PC.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files using Recuva ?
- Launch recuva, Now you’ll see a window as shown below. Click on Next button to get started.
- Now choose the file type that you want to recover, If you aren’t sure about it then go with All Files and click on Next.
- Now it will ask to select a location from where you want to recover the deleted file. In my case it’s in the D directory and if you don’t know the location then you can select I’m not sure so that it will search your whole computer for deleted files.
Tip – If you want to recover permanently deleted files from your pen drive or external storage then you need to select that drive.
- If you have deleted your files in recent 5-6 days then you don’t need to enable deep scan and if you don’t know when you have deleted your files then make sure you have checked “Enable deep scan” and click on Start to start the scanning process.
- Now scanning process will start to scan your pc for deleted files. It may take some time depending upon your processing speed.
- After the process is completed you will see a window as show below. Now check the files that you want to recover and click on the Recover button. It will ask to choose the location where you want to recover deleted files so choose an appropriate location to recover the deleted files.
Tip – Don’t choose the original location(from where you have deleted the file)
By using the above method you can easily recover permanently files from your pc, formatted hard disk, Pen Drive , Memory Card etc.