Methods to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG Error
#1 – Renew Your IP
This method is used to renew your IP address, If there would be a problem in your IP address then this method will fix the issue.
- Press Windows + R to launch the run window.
- Type cmd and hit enter.
- In command prompt type the following command :
This command is used to release your IP address.
- After your IP has been released type ipconfig /renew to renew your IP address.
- Exit command prompt and the error would be hopefully solved.
#2 – Flushing DNS Cache
If there is a change in the DNS Server and your system is looking up for its local cache to navigate you to a website, Then this may cause DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error. So by flushing your DNS cache you can fix this error.
- Go to start and search for cmd.
- Open cmd, and type the following command.
- This command will flush the dns cache and the error will be fixed.
#3 – Changing the DNS Server
- Press Windows + R to open the run window.
- In the run dialog box type ncpa.cpl and click ok.
- This will open your Network Connections.
- Right click your active internet connection and select Properties.
- The properties window will pop up, In the properties window double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Now select Use the following DNS server addresses and enter the following Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS Server addresses :
Preferred DNS Server – 184.108.40.206
- Click Ok and you’re done.