Do you have no way to play sound on your computer? We often face such situations when our computer’s speaker stops working or gets damaged. If you are facing such a situation then don’t worry this article will help you use your Android smartphone as wireless computer speakers.
There are various apps in the Google play store which allow us to use our Android device as speakers. But we are going to use an app called SoundWire as it lets you stream audio from your computer to your phone.
How to Use Your Android Phone as Speaker?
It is very easy to use an android phone as a speaker. No, you don’t need any cables and all that stuff. We are going to use the SoundWire app which allows you to use our android device as wireless portable speakers. All you need is the same Wi-Fi network connected to both devices.
- First, you need to install the SoundWire app on your android device, Search for the SoundWire app on Google Play Store or you can download it directly from here.
- There are two versions of the app (paid and free one), you can always go with the free one.
- After you have installed SoundWire on your Android phone, Switch to your computer and download SoundWire’s PC client, It’s available for both Windows and Linux platform (No luck for MAC users). Download it here
- Once you have downloaded the appropriate version of SoundWire server, Extract the downloaded RAR file and run SoundWire server setup. Linux users can follow the instructions given in the read me file.
- Install the setup on your computer and launch SoundWire Server.
- Under the Input section select Default multimedia device from the drop-down menu.
- Now open SoundWire app on your Android phone and click on the coiled wire button.
- If everything goes fine, it will automatically get connected and you will get a connected message on the SoundWire PC client.
- If you get an error message like “couldn’t locate server” (refer below screenshot) then you need to manually input the server address (Shown on your PC) on your android device.
- Once it gets connected simply start playing some music on your computer. The music will automatically play on your Android phone.
Adjusting the volume
Of course the volume wouldn’t be too loud but still, if you want to adjust the volume then you can do it in many ways.
- You can use the volume up/down button on your Android device.
- You can adjust the volume from the media player on your computer.
- And finally, you can use the SoundWire server to adjust the volume.
Disconnecting the server
Done with your work or simply just want to connect some other device? Then you can simply click the (x) button on your Android phone to abort the connection. If you want to close the connection from the server side then you can simply close the SoundWire server running on your computer.