Most of the websites display a mobile version for users who are browsing the site from their mobile phones. So whenever you try to access Facebook through your mobile phone, it automatically redirects you to its mobile version.
This is done to provide a better user interface on a smaller screen and to reduce bandwidth as most of the people are not using a high-speed Internet connection on their mobile phone.
Most websites including Facebook disable certain features from their mobile version that they may seem unnecessary. So there might be a certain situation when you want to take advantage of the full Facebook site on your mobile phone. Here are a few methods using which you can access the full desktop version of Facebook on your smartphone.
- Access Full Facebook Website on Your Phone
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Access Full Facebook Website on Your Phone
For Android Devices
In Android devices, It is very easy to access the Facebook full site desktop version. All you need to do is log in to your Facebook account using the Chrome browser.
Once you are logged in tap on the settings menu in the top right corner and select “Request desktop site”.
Now you can access the Facebook desktop version for Android devices.
Avoid tapping on your Home & profile otherwise, it will redirect you to Facebook mobile version. You will be able to see news feed, messages, notifications and groups in desktop mode.
For iOS Devices
To launch the Facebook full website for iPhone, follow the below steps.
- Open the Safari browser and log in to your Facebook account.
- Next tap on the Share button, now you will get two menus. Switch to the second menu and swipe to its right.
- Now tap on the Request Desktop site, and Facebook will load in the desktop version for iPhone.
For Windows Phone
Similarly, like Chrome and Safari Windows Internet explorer also have the option to view websites in desktop mode. This way you can access facebook full site on your Windows phone.
- Open your browser and click the options button (three dots).
- Scroll all the way down and tap on Settings.
- Here you will see the website preference option, by default it will be on the mobile version.
- Tap on it and change it to the desktop version.
- Now navigate to Facebook.com and there you go.
- The only drawback of this method is all the websites will open in their desktop version.
- To avoid this issue you can use the Google Chrome browser.
Using Desktop Browser
This is a great third-party Facebook app which allows you to access Facebook desktop version on your Android phone. In fact, this app allows you to access the desktop versions of all websites on your smartphone.
This is very helpful in situations when you might want to switch between the desktop version and the mobile version.
Also when you are running low on mobile data you can use the Facebook lite version as it uses less mobile data. It is a great replacement to the official Facebook app, as the official app forces us to download Facebook messenger.
Direct URL Trick
If you do not use the chrome/safari browser (that’s very rare) then, you can use this method to access Facebook desktop version on your mobile phone. This is a universal method that works for all mobile devices.
- Open your browser and log in to your Facebook account.
- Now in the URL bar enter the following address – www.facebook.com/home.php?m2w
- This should open the Facebook desktop version on your mobile phone.
These were some simple ways to access the full Facebook site on your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Facebook Basic?
There are two versions of Facebook when you log in from a mobile browser. One is ‘Regular’ version, which is a bit slow but displays HD pictures. Second is ‘Basic’ version, which is fast in loading but gives low-quality pictures.
How Do I Get The Basic Version Of Facebook?
To get the basic version of Facebook, go to FB account settings. Follow the path – Account settings > General > Default Mobile site. Tick in the ‘Basic’ box to view the Basic version of Facebook.
How Do I Get The Facebook Desktop Site On Android?
Open the internet browser on Android phones and type the direct link in the URL. The link is https://www.facebook.com/home.php. Alternatively, you may also change the web browser settings to see ‘Desktop View’.
How Do I View Desktop Sites On The iPhone?
Open the Safari browser on your iPhone. Type the URL of the website to open. Long press the ‘Reload’ button and then tap on the option of ‘Request Desktop Site’, located at the bottom side of the screen.
Is There A Facebook App For Desktop?
Yes, Facebook App is available for desktop as well. For Windows, Facebook App can be installed from Microsoft store while Mac users can install it from the Apple store.