Counter strike Global Offence is by far the most popular first-person shooter game of the decade. Recently, players have been reporting that they’re having trouble accessing the game servers. You may have encountered the frustrating error message saying “Failed to reach any official servers.”
This error can prevent you from connecting to the game’s servers and playing with your friends or other players online. In this article, we’ll go over some potential causes of this error and provide some troubleshooting steps to help you fix it and get back to playing CS:GO.
Use The TCP Protocol For Your Steam Client
Start by using a TCP protocol. When troubleshooting, you can switch Steam to use TCP instead of UDP. It’s a great way to eliminate any protocol issues. To do that, just follow the steps below:
- First click on the Steam Icon on your Desktop.
- Now click on “Properties”.
- Switch to the “Shortcut” tab and inside “Target” add -tcp at the end.
- Select OK and restart steam client.
- Now go back and launch your CS:GO and Steam client to see if the issue has been resolved.
Try Using A Vpn
When your connection to your CS: GO game server drops, the first thing you should do is consider whether it would be a good idea to use a VPN to redirect your traffic. This can help fix problems like extra routes or relays.
If you want to set up a VPN, it can be complicated and time-consuming. If you want an easier solution, try NordVPN service. We think it’s the best choice for most people.
NordVPN offers a fast VPN service that’s easy to set up with just a few mouse-clicks. You’ll be able to connect from multiple varied locations, so you have a faster and more reliable experience at all times.
Follow the steps below to use NordVPN on your computer:
- First Download and install NordVPN on your PC.
- Launch NordVPN and create an account.
- Now click on the connect switch, which will connect you to the recommended VPN server.
- Once done, launch CS:GO and check if the issue has been resolved.
Restart Your Network Connection
If that doesn’t work then try restarting your Network connection. This should be one of your first troubleshooting steps in a home or consumer environment. It is also a good security practice to reboot the router periodically. To do that just follow the steps below:
- First of all, shut down your computer. To turn off a Windows computer, click the Start button, click the Power icon in the Start menu, and then click the “Shut down” button.
- Now turn off your Modem and Router. To turn off your router, unplug the power cord from the outlet on the wall, wait a few seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
- Wait for the modem and router to fully restart and establish a connection to the internet.
- Now start your computer and launch counter strike to check if it has fixed the issue.
Reset Your Network Settings
You can also try resetting your Network Settings. A factory reset will erase everything on your device, restoring it to the state it was in when unboxed, including internet, local network, and other paired devices.
As resetting the network removes all the set connection settings, it should always be used as a last resort when troubleshooting. Your files remain untouched, which will help in avoiding unnecessary trouble to set everything up again.
However, network resets are not harmful to your computer. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Start by pressing Win + R on your keyboard.
- Type “CMD”.
- Now press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Now enter the following comments:
- Once done, close the window and restart your computer.
- Now check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Check your antivirus
The “failed to reach servers” issue could have a lot of different causes. One possibility is that your antivirus or firewall is causing the problem, which would require you to check your device for compatibility. Try disabling your antivirus and check if the error persists.
Another possibility is that you’re encountering problems because the CS:GO server are offline or facing some issues. In such a case, head to Steamstat.us and check if counter strike servers are live and working properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Check If CS:GO Servers Are Down?
The best way to check the official server status for CS:GO is to head to Steamstat.us. Scroll down the page, and you’ll see the status of CS:GO’s servers.
Why Are The CS:GO Servers Down?
An update is the most common cause of server outages. Whenever a new update is released, the servers can go down for a short time. However, after an update, the servers can be up again quite quickly. A technical fault in Valve’s servers may also cause server outages.
How Do I Fix Failed To Find A Dedicated Server In CS:GO Workshop?
There is a good chance that you are seeing this error code because some workshop maps were installed incorrectly if you installed them manually. You can fix the problem by deleting the incorrect workshop maps from the dedicated folder in this case.
Why Won’t Steam Connect To The Network?
When trying to log in to your Steam account, you usually receive the error message “Could not connect to Steam network.” … Restarting your computer can resolve software crashes, driver issues, and reset your networking settings, which may fix the Steam not connecting error.