WhatsApp has become a permanent replacement to the default text messaging app. It has been almost a year that WhatsApp users are able to make audio calls. WhatsApp has planned to move a step further by introducing WhatsApp video calls. According to sources, WhatsApp has recently tested its video calling feature. This might be bigger threats for apps like skype, IMO, Tango and facetime as WhatsApp almost have over a billion users.
Since the feature is in the testing process it’s only available to developers. But you can grab this feature by downloading the latest beta version of WhatsApp or by registering as a developer. Here’s how to do so.
How to Activate WhatsApp Video Calling Feature:
As WhatsApp video calling feature is only available for developers, so in order to get this feature you need to install the latest beta version of WhatsApp.
- Download the latest beta version of WhatsApp from this link.
- Note the beta version may be unstable and have few bugs. So install it at your own risk.
- Now install the APK file, you don’t need to uninstall the previous version of WhatsApp simply replace it with the new one.
- Once it’s installed, go to Chat section and tap on any of your contact.
- Now click the call button which we use to make a voice call.
- Now while making a call you will get two options one for voice call and other for the video call.
- Although the video calling feature isn’t enabled yet but we may expect it soon.
If you want to get such latest pre-released updates then you can register as a developer for the WhatsApp beta program.
Registering as a Developer:
If you are an android developer and haven’t registered for “WhatsApp android beta program” then I highly recommend joining it as you will get the chance to test the latest pre-release builds of WhatsApp.
To join the WhatsApp beta program navigate to this link using your smartphone and tap on Become a tester.
Now you will receive latest pre-released updates via Google play store.