We all like to know about the incoming callers in detail that we attend every day. It is very uncomfortable and risky to answer the spam or fraud calls, it may bring us a big monetary loss in some moments. So Truecaller is one such an app that acts as a savior to the phone users who can directly have an insight into the identity of the callers.
Surely it is very convenient to know that. But sometimes it may not be suitable to give up all of your details to an unknown person. So you may have thought of removing your number and details from the Truecaller database. Here’s a quick guide to unlist your contact number from the Trucaller listings.
How Truecaller Gets Your Contact Details?
At first, we have to understand how Truecaller gets our detailed contact information. For immobile landline phones, it has a list of all the registered user addresses as it can be accessed from the public source. For SIM-based numbers, after installing Truecaller in your device you have to permit it to access your contacts.
From the contact lists of all their users, Truecaller creates a large database of all the calling numbers. So even if you are not registered on truecaller, your information can be accessed using your friend’s account.
How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller?
In Truecaller you can be listed on their database without even having a direct Truecaller account, you may have been enlisted from any of your connection’s contacts. So to disconnect yourself completely from the Truecaller directory you have to do it by two procedures.
Using Truecaller Website
You can remove your details from the Truecaller listing using their official website. Follow the below steps to unlist your number from truecaller database.
- First of all, visit the Truecaller unlisting link.
- Now enter your mobile number on the page. Don’t forget to assign your country code before the number.
- Check the ‘I’m not a robot’ checkbox.
- Then click on the button ‘Unlist’.
- They will give you several reasons for unlisting to choose from. You can also give your own reason for unlisting your contact number from Truecalller.
Generally, it takes one full day time to remove the number from the Truecaller database.
Using Truecaller App
If you have already signed yourself up in the Truecaller app on your device, then you have to deactivate your account from there. These are the simplest steps to deactivate your truecaller account using the app.
- Go to the Truecaller app.
- Tap on the people’s icon on the upside corner of your screen.
- After that, go to settings and choose the privacy center from the menu.
- Tap on the bottom-most option named ‘Deactivate’.
- A warning pop-up will flash on the screen. Choose ‘Yes’ to continue.
In this way, you can remove your account from the Truecaller application. But you have to eliminate your number from their website after it to get your number completely delisted.