As much we love using technology to our advantage, we can’t deny that sometimes it annoys us to no end. Mobile phones are something we can’t live without. If something happens to your phone, it feels like you are disconnected from the world.
So what to do when you face an iPhone black screen issue? Of course, you don’t want to reset your iPhone and lose all your data.
Before we move on to the possible solution, let’s understand the problem. iPhones might display a black screen due to hardware or a software issue. So, the first thing to do is to identify whether it is a hardware problem or a software problem.
How to identify the root cause?
It is quite simple. Remember if you dropped your phone somewhere, be it on a hardwood floor or in water. If that’s the case, then it is a hardware issue. However, if nothing like that has happened then chances are your phone has a software issue.
1. How to fix iPhone if it’s a software problem?
Fixing it with the help of Dr.Fone – system repair
Dr.Fone – system repair (iOS) is an easy-to-use tool that helps people in fixing all iOS-related issues. It helps in resolving the black/white screen of death, devices stuck in the reboot loop, error 4013, and many other such problems. This application is quite compatible with Windows as well as Mac. It works well with all the latest versions of iOS.
Here’s how you can fix your iPhone’s black screen problem with this application:
- Install this application on your PC and then select the ‘system repair’ option once you have launched it.
- Connect your phone via USB/lighting cable to your PC. Then, select ‘standard mode’ to start the repair.
- Now, put the information as asked regarding your phone such as device model, system version, etc., and then click ‘start’.
- After your application has been downloaded, your phone will begin to fix it.
- Then, start your phone in normal mode and once you see the repairing complete message on the screen, you can remove your phone. Your phone will be fixed without any data loss.
Fix iPhone black screen with iTunes
This is another way to fix your iPhone black screen issue. However, you will lose data with this method. Only pursue this method if you have backed up your data.
Connect your phone to a system and then launch iTunes. Once the application recognizes your phone, click on ‘summary’ and then go to the ‘restore iPhone’ option.
Once you go ahead with restore, the issue will be resolved. Just wait until iTunes resets it and restart your iPhone automatically.
2. How to fix your iPhone’s black screen if it’s a hardware problem?
If you encounter a black screen on your iPhone without knowing the issue, maybe it is out of battery. So, charge your phone and see there is no issue with it. However, if the issue persists, go to a nearby apple store as they are the ones who can help with hardware issues.
Now that we have dealt with the black screen issue, let’s see what can we do to resolve the recovery mode problem in the iPhone.
While iPhones and iPads are some of the most sought-after devices, they have their fair share of issues. One of the most common issues is iPhone stuck in recovery mode. However, you don’t have to worry now. Listed below are a few of the solutions to your problem without losing any data:
Solution 1: Fix iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode on iOS 14/13.7 without data loss
Dr. Fone system repair is one of the best ways to fix the iPhone stuck on the Apple logo without losing any data. It is reliable and secure. Here’s what you have to do:
- Download Dr. fone on your PC be it windows or mac. Launch the application and click on the ‘system repair’ option.
- Next, connect your iPhone/iPad to the system and click on the ‘exit recovery mode’ option that is present on the lower part of the application.
- You will see another screen pop-up with a picture of the iPhone. Click on the ‘exit recovery mode’ option once again.
- Once the problem has been solved, you will see ‘exited recovery mode successfully’ appear on your screen.
- You can easily use your phone the way you want to now.
Solution 2: How to get iOS 14/13.7 iPhone out of Recovery Mode without a computer?
If you don’t have a computer system to go through the first option, don’t worry, we still have you covered. You can force restart your iPhone to fix the issue. This is one of the best ways to resolve most of the issues of the iPhone. Here’s what you have to do:
- Hard press the power and home buttons on iPhone together. Do it for 15 seconds.
- Once you see apple’s logo on the screen, release the button.
This is suitable for iPhones and older devices. For a new device i.e., iPhone7, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Press and hold the volume down button on your iPhone.
- Also press and hold the power button, all these together.
- Release when you see apple’s logo on the screen.
For the newer versions of the iPhone i.e., 8 and above, you need to do the following:
- Press and release the volume up key and then do the same with the volume down key on your iPhone.
- Next, press and hold the power key and release it when you see apple’s logo on the screen.
These were a few tips and tricks that can come in handy when you are stuck in sticky situations with your iPhone.