YouTube is the biggest and the best video sharing website. Anyone can upload their videos on YouTube. YouTube provides total control of the video to its uploader. He may change it’s privacy or limit the access of the video to certain countries. If your country isn’t included in the list then you may face This Video is Not Available in Your Country error message. This error message occurs when the video owner restricts the video for certain countries. If you’re desperate to watch the video then here are few ways to bypass YouTube’s regional filter.
Why Video is Not Available in My Country?
There might be several reasons for this. One main reason would be that the owner of the video might have chosen not to make this video available in your country. He might have done this to comply with the local laws of your country.
Another reason might be the video have been blacklisted in your country by the government. There are certain videos the government doesn’t want you to watch.
Fix This Video is Not Available in Your Country
If you want to watch a viral video which is not available in your country then here are some methods which will help you to bypass these restrictions.
1. Use a VPN
YouTube tracks your IP address to check from where the video is been accessed. So by tweaking our IP address, we can easily bypass this filter. Proxy sites or VPN’s are great ways to surf websites using different IP’s. Although you can use google translate as a proxy server, But the problem is we don’t exactly know in which country the video is restricted and in which country the video can be accessed. So in order to check the video availability, we need to try proxy servers of different countries and this task can be very irritating. To make this task easier we are going to use Hola extension which is available for both Chrome and Firefox. So here’s a guide on how to set up and use Hola extension :
I am using chrome for this tutorial, If you are using Firefox then no problem as the procedure is similar for both the browsers :
- Download and install the Hola extension from these links :
- After the extension is installed, A new icon will appear on the extension bar.
- Simply click on the Hola icon and select a country to get started. It is recommended to select the United States as most of the videos are not restricted in the US.
- Now Hola will automatically reload the page and you can start browsing the video from a new proxy.
- Hola asks if the proxy is working or not, If it’s not working then you can select No Fix it to solve the issue.
- This way you can bypass This Video is Not Available in Your Country error.
2. Youtube Trick
- This is a very simple tweak to bypass YouTube regional filter. Suppose this is the URL of the restricted video which you want to bypass – http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=abc
- All you have to do is to replace /watch?v= with /v .
- The new URL will look like this: http://www.youtube.com /vabc
- Done. Now can freely watch the video without any restriction and bypass YouTube’s regional filter.
3. Download the Video
4. Use Tor Browser
Now Tor browser is like a proxy browser which prevents online services and websites to determine your IP Address. It does this by spoofing your IP address. It is just like a VPN. The best part is you don’t have to configure anything in Tor browser.
- Just download and install Tor browser from this link – Download Tor Browser
- Once it’s installed, it will automatically connect to the Tor network.
- After it’s connected just paste the video link and you will be able to watch the video.
- If you still get This Video is Not Available in Your Country error, then click the hamburger menu in Tor browser and select New identity.
- This will assign you a new IP address and you should be able to watch the video without any problem.