WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging applications for your phones. It has one of the highest user bases for any application that is clocked at 1.5 billion users that use the WhatsApp application for texting people.
The best part about this instant messaging application is that you can make groups in order to text a lot of people together. You can create a group for your friends, family members, work-related, and for so much more.
There is also an option of setting up a broadcast message group where you can send messages to multiple people at the same time however the other member won’t be aware that this message has been received by other contacts as well. WhatsApp has even recently started out the feature for sending payments to your contacts.
Now in case, you wanna send money to another friend of yours you can easily and conveniently use WhatsApp instead of opening the bank account application and transferring the money.
With the recent update, you can easily have group video calls as well as voice calls in order to talk to your friends and family together.
A lot of the time whether it is your friend circle or if it is a work-related group, you need to add quite a lot of members on a WhatsApp group. However, one thing you need to keep in mind while doing this is that there is a limitation of around 256 people that can be added to the group.
And as per the regulations set by WhatsApp, you cannot add more than the number they have set for you.
The major question that arises here is what if you want to have more members in a WhatsApp group. Well, there is nothing to worry about since we are here to guide you about increasing the limit.
We will guide you on adding more than 10,000 members to a WhatsApp group. There are primarily two methods in which one can get going.
The first one is by sending the link of a WhatsApp group to the intended recipient and the other method is by rooting your Android Phone.
Rooting seems to be the primary option since it is quite difficult to exceed the limit without a rooted phone. Move on to the second method i.e Rooting your phone if the first method doesn’t seem to be working for you.
Why Does Whatsapp have a limit of 256 people?
A lot of people wonder about the reason for such a limitation of a WhatsApp group. Officially there has been no reason given by the developers on why have they imposed such a limitation on Whatsapp Groups, however, it seems as if it is either because of restrictions on the server in order to make sure that there isn’t any overload on the WhatsApp servers and secondly to ensure the prevention of spam groups to be made and spread over a large population.
Adding up to 3000 members on WhatsApp without Root on iPhone/Android
This is the first and the most preferred method in order to increase the capacity of total members on WhatsApp. This solution is preferred as you are not required to root your phone in order for this to work.
It is a bit unsafe to root your android device since there is a good chance that your Android Phone may get bricked over time if you attempt to root it. Hence, you need to follow this method considering that it is legit and safe to do so.
In order to have more than 3000 members in the group you need to:
- Unlock your phone and after locating the WhatsApp application click on the icon and open the app.
- Once you have opened the WhatsApp application you need to locate the group for which you intend to increase the limit for.
- Once the group chat has been opened, locate the three dots on the upper right corner of the screen on which the application is loaded and then tap it.
- Once you have opened the three dots button locate the group info and then locate the option of scrolling down then later press the ‘Invite via Link’ button.
- Once you locate and press on the Invite via Link option tap on the share link or Send the Link via Whatsapp option.
These are the simple ways in which you can ensure that your application is updated to its latest version since the step and the screenshots attached below are in the latest updated version of WhatsApp.
Increase WhatsApp Group Limit to10,000 With Root
This is one of the tricky solutions for increasing the group limit and a lot of people do not recommend this since it involves your phone being rooted and that is very risky in itself.
You can easily find out the procedure to root your phone from looking at the training processes on youtube and by googling it.
Once your phone is rooted you can follow the method mentioned below in order to increase the group limit to 10,000.
- Firstly you need to open the google play store and search for ‘ES File Explorer’.
- Once you search for the ES File Explorer you need to download and install it.
- Once you have downloaded and installed it, open the respective app and then go to its menu and there enable the Root Explorer.
- After you toggle on the option, go to the Android folder, then data and there is a Whatsapp folder.
- Under the Whatsapp folder select the com.whatsapp_prefer file.
- Once you have selected the respective file, tap on the more option which is at the bottom, and press on properties.
- Once you are in properties, you need to change and enable all properties and then later click ok.
- Open the respective file and then locate the number 257 and change it to 9999.
- Once you have changed the number click the save option and you are set to go.
This is how you increase the limit to 10,000 in the case you are willing to root your phone.