While setting up wifi hotspot & sharing your active internet connection in windows 7/8 you may have faced an error which displays “Error 765 : internet sharing cannot be enabled. A lan connection is already configured with the ip address that is required for automatic IP addressing“. well this is caused because the hosted network is unable to obtain IP Address and Subnet mask automatically. So we can easily fix this by adding IP Address and Subnet Mask manually.
Steps to fix a Lan Connection is Already Configured with IP Address Problem:
- First of all start your hosted network connection.
- Open Control Panel – Network and Sharing Center – Click your hosted network connection as show below
- A new window will be popped up, select Properties – double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Now select Use the following IP Address and add the following values :
IP Address : 192.168.137.1
- Now hit ok and this time you won’t get any errors while sharing your active internet connection.
That was a quick solution on fixing internet sharing cannot be enabled. A Lan Connection is Already Configured with IP Address problem.