It’s very boring to connect USB data cable each and every time to transfer files from PC to android device. Also the file transfer speed is also not that much great and if you are transferring gigs of data then it might take several minutes or may be hours to transfer that data.
So there is a very easy solution for this problem that is using WiFi to transfer files. Yes we can use WiFi to transfer files and the best part is the transfer rate is great. Within few minutes you can transfer Gigs of data.
So before starting I like to mention a condition that you need to take care of while transferring files from pc to android using wifi.
Your PC and android device need to connected on same wifi network.
As we need to transfer files using wifi then obviously we need our devices to be connected on the same wifi network. If you are using a router then its great you can easily do so but if you are using a lan connection then you must check out my tutorial on how to create wifi hotspot in windows 7/8 pc by using this method you can easily connect your device to the same wifi network.
Okay so lets start, First of all you need a application called Software Data Cable on you android device that makes file transferring much easier.
Download Software Data Cable
Unlike other softwares its does’nt require a server version for your computer as it uses the same wifi network. So follow the below guide to transfer files from pc to your android device.
How to Transfer Files From PC to Android
- As mentioned above make sure your PC and android device is connected on the same wifi network.
- Now launch Software Data Cable on your android device. It looks something as shown below
- So just click on Start Service as shown below.
- Now you will get an ftp address. Using that ftp address we can access all the files from our android device.
- Open windows Explorer or Computer and in the address bar type the ftp address that you’ve got from software data cable.
- After that hit enter and then you can access all the data of your android device within your pc. Now you can easily transfer files from your PC to android and vice versa by using simple copy-paste commands.
- Cross check the ftp address 3-4 time before typing it in address bar, If you entered an invalid ftp address then it won’t work.
- You can get more information & tutorials regarding the application by clicking on info button present in the bottom left corner.