You may see this error in different forms like
- The file msvcp110.dll is missing from your computer
- Msvcp110.dll Not Found
- This application failed to start because msvcp110.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot start (APPLICATION). A required component is missing: msvcp110.dll. Please install (APPLICATION) again.
- Cannot find (PATH)msvcp110.dll
How this Error Occurs?
- Corrupted or missing msvcp110.dll file.
- Registry errors.
- Virus/Malwares issues.
5 Ways to Fix msvcp110.dll is missing Error
Recover msvcp110.dll File
You may have accidentally deleted msvcp110.dll file, So check your recycle bin to make it sure. If you find it there then restore it. If you didn’t find it then you need to download it again, So simply follow the below guide.
Registering msvcp110.dll File
- First of all download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.
- After your downloading is competed run it. This will replace the corrupted msvcp110.dll file with a new one.
- This will definitely fix the error but if you’re still facing the same error then you can try other troubleshooting steps given below.
Fixing Registry Errors
Check For Viruses/Malwares
If none of the above methods worked then it is possible that you PC might be infected by viruses or malwares. I recommend using Avast free antivirus to check your PC for viruses and malwares. Make sure to scan the directory where Windows is installed. In most cases, it’s C Drive.
The best thing about windows is that it allows us to restore our PC in its previous state. Which means if your PC was working fine at 1/1/2015 and next day it’s screwed up then you can restore it to its previous state.
So to Perform System Restore follow the below steps :
- Right-click Computer (My Computer) and select properties.
- On the left-hand side select Advanced system settings.
- Switch to System Protection tab and select System Restore.
- Now you can see this window, Click on scan for affected programs.
- This will show you the list of programs that will get deleted and recovered after performing system restore.
- If any of your important programs is in the list then backup it before performing system restore.
- Click Next and it will start the process of system restore.
Hope you are able to solve msvcp110.dll is missing from your computer error. If the problem still persists then do comment below.