Dns_probe_finished_no_internet is a common error faced while accessing websites on your chrome browser. This error is displayed along with a scary message which says “The webpage is not available”. This error can be caused due to various reasons, there is no perfect reason for it. So if you’re facing this error then here are few solutions which will help you to fix “dns_probe_finished_no_internet” error on your chrome browser.
Why This Error Occurs?
It is an internet related error which can be caused due to various reasons:
- Corrupt Winsock Settings.
- DNS Server issues.
- Due to faulty internet connection.
- Invalid firewall settings.
So it’s recommended to try all the methods until the error gets fixed.
Methods to Fix Dns_Probe_Finished_No_Internet Error
Reset Windows Socket Settings
When this error occurs you are connected to internet but there is no packet transfered. This is usually caused due to corrupt winsock settings. To reset your windows socket settings follow the below guide.
- Go to start and search for cmd.
- Right click command prompt and select run as administrator.
- In command prompt type the following commands one by one and hit enter.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- This command will reset windows socket of your TCP/IP stack.
- Now restart your PC and the error should be fixed.
Flush DNS cache & Renew Your IP
Windows automatically stores a local cache of DNS results. So if a bad result get cached then you may face this error. So in order to remove those bad results you need to flush your DNS cache.
- Again to go start and search for cmd.
- Right click cmd and select run as administrator.
- Now in command prompt type the following commands one by one and hit enter.
This will flush your local DNS cache and now you should no longer face “dns probe finished no internet” error.
Change Your DNS server To Google DNS
As the error name says its a DNS related error so by changing your DNS server this error can be solved. We are going to use Google DNS server as it’s fast and reliable.
- Press windows + R to open the run window.
- In the run window type ncpa.cpl and press enter. This will open network connections.
- Now right click on your Ethernet or WiFi adapter(Whatever you’re using) and select Properties.
- Now in the Networking tab and double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/ IPv4).
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses and enter the following DNS server address:
- We have used Google DNS server as it’s the best free DNS server. You can also use Open DNS server if you want.
- Click OK and reconnect your internet connection.
Clear Your Browsers Cache
Whenever you visit a website for the first time your web browser store some of it’s data for future purpose. This is called website caching. Some times this cached data may cause problems in loading websites. So it’s recommended to clear your cache data.
- Open chrome browser and press ctrl + H to open your browsing history.
- Now click on clear browsing data and check the following items shown below:
- Click on Clear browsing data button and chrome will clear your browsers cache.
Uninstall Recently Installed Softwares
If you have recently installed any website filtering or any software which uses your internet connection then just uninstall it. Sometimes such software’s can cause dns_probe_finished_no_internet error. After uninstalling the software try to check if the error still exists. If it’s not solved then you can installed the program again.