The coolest thing in editing a photo is to remove its background and replace it with some other background. Well, this might sound easy, but it is really hard to do so. As most of the graphics designing software’s like Photoshop are very complicated to use. So today I am going to show you some of the easiest ways to make background transparent in images.
Methods to Make Background Transparent
Remember if your image has a complex background, it becomes more difficult to remove its background. For example, it would be very easy to remove background from a picture which has solid color background. On the other hand, it would be difficult if the picture has more colours or details in the background.
Method 1 – Using FotoFlexer Online Editor
- Visit FotoFlexer and upload the photo whose background you want to make transparent.
- After uploading the photo, you will see various editing tools. Switch to Geek tab and select Smart scissors.
- Smart scissors is a smart selection tool which allows us to select objects quickly in an image.
- Now start making a rough selection around the object which you want to separate from the background.
- Once done click on Create Cutout and you’re done. Now you can download the picture in PNG format so that it maintains its transparency.
Method 2 – Using MS Office
If you have Microsoft Office 2010 or above version installed on your computer then you can easily remove background of a picture using its image formatting tools. This is one of the easiest ways to make a pictures background transparent.
- First of all open MS Word or PowerPoint and insert a picture in the new document.
- Once the picture is added, click the Format tab and further click on Remove Background.
- Now it will try to figure out the pictures background and mark it in purple colour.
- First, make a rectangular selection around your main object which you want to separate from the background.
- Now you can make adjustments to the image using the following tools.
Mark Areas to Remove – As the name says it is used to get rid of unwanted objects in the background.
Mark Areas to Keep – This tool is used to keep the main object in the image.
- You can use both of the above tools to make a perfect selection on your main object.
- Once you are satisfied with the picture press enter to remove its background.
- Now right-click the image, select save as picture and save it in PNG format.
So these were some methods to remove background from images. Let me know which method do you find helpful.