Reliance Jio Phone is a featured phone launched by the company’s chairman MUKESH AMBANI at Reliance Industries 40th Annual General Meeting. The Jio Phone is a 4G VoLTE(voice over LTE) enabled feature phone. It is termed as ‘India ka intelligent smartphone’ by Reliance Industries chairman.
Reliance Jio Phone Specifications
- It has a display of 2.4 inch and camera of 0.3 MP in which it has the feature of digital zoom, image resolution is 640 x 480 pixels.
- It has only a single sim slot (GSM) and also has SD card slot for memory expansion up to 16GB.
- The Jio Phone supports torch light and it also supports 22 major Indian languages.
- In multimedia section this phone has music which supports MP3 format, ringtones, FM radio.
- It has removable Li-ion battery.
- It also have browser (HTML), games, phonebook(limited), Bluetooth, VoLTE, USB connectivity (microUSB 2.0), GPS. Jio is giving people an opportunity to browse Internet on the new Jio Phone as well, and it comes pre-loaded with Jio apps. The Jio Phone’s effective price is Rs 0. But you have to pay Rs 1500 as a deposit which will be refunded after 3 years as said by Mukesh Ambani. The phone will be sold as FCFS (first come-first serve) basis from September 2017. Here is a list of things you should know about Jio Phone.
Availability and Launch Date
- It will be available for beta testing from August 15 and for prebooking from August 24.
- The phone will be sold as first come-first serve basis from the last quarter of 2017.
- It will always have free voice calls. From August 15, it will come with free unlimited data.
Jio Phone Features
- The highlight of this phone is 4G VoLTE, it has a voice command interface and comes with Jio apps pre-loaded on it.
- It has an SOS feature as well, which can be activated by pressing 5. It also has an NFC, which enables quick payments.
- It has JioCinema app and display of 2.4 inch so that users can watch movies on this feature.
Jio Phone Price and Data Plans
- The Jio Phone’s effective price is Rs 0. This means, you can get the phone for free but have to pay Rs 1500 as a deposit, which will be refunded after 3 years.
- Users of this Jio Phone will have to pay just Rs 153 a month, including the cost of the phone. There will be a weekly plan of Rs 54 and a two-day plan of Rs 24 with all the same features.
- The phone will offer an innovative cable link to television to help users view content on a big screen at home. Users will need to buy the Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan package of Rs 309 to get the extra data needed for this.
Jio Phone bookings online and offline starts from August 24. You will have the option to choose to make the Jio Phone booking online or through a retail outlet. You can book the phone through MyJio app and if you are not connected with app, then you can go to offline retailer and book your phone.