That time is long gone when WhatsApp was used for communicating with family and friends only. Today, it has become a common means of communication in business too. Organizations find it to be a quick and effective way of communicating with their customers. Since everybody now has access to the internet, everyone prefers using WhatsApp. On top of that, WhatsApp allows you to share pictures, videos, audios and even documents.
One can be sharing anything on WhatsApp. For instance, if you are a business owner, your employees could be sharing confidential information over WhatsApp to your rivals. To keep that or any other suspicious activity on check, you may have to monitor their WhatsApp conversations. The question now is, can you read someone’s WhatsApp messages remotely? Or are you left with the option of getting their WhatsApp account hacked? Not really. There are a few common ways to read someone’s WhatsApp messages remotely that anyone can try. Let’s have a look at them:
Option 1: WhatsApp spying through MAC address
There is a small vulnerability in WhatsApp that allows you to run the same WhatsApp account on two different phones but only if they have the same MAC address. This method is a bit technical as compared to using a social media spying app. To get started, you will need access to the target device and keep it till you actually start receiving the WhatsApp messages of their account on your phone. Other than this, you will have to install two apps on your phone to successfully use the same MAC address. If you can handle it, here is how it is done:
- First, you have to uninstall WhatsApp from your phone
- You must get the MAC (Media Access Control) address of the victim or the phone that you plan to spy on. Here is how it is done on different devices:
Android: Settings >> About Phone >> Status >> Wi-Fi >> MAC Address
iPhone: Settings >> General >> About >> Wi-Fi >> MAC Address
- Once you have the MAC address of the victim, you now need to install Busy Box and terminal app.
- Once the terminal app is installed, launch it and follow the instructions to spoof the MAC address given in the link. Now, the MAC address is successfully spoofed.
- After this, you are supposed to re-install WhatsApp on your phone and enter the number of the victim’s device. A verification code will be sent by WhatsApp on the phone of the victim which you have to enter on your phone. You have now successfully installed the victim’s WhatsApp on your phone. You will get access to all the messages sent and received on the victim’s WhatsApp on your phone.
Option 2: Use a WhatsApp spying app
One simple way is to use a WhatsApp spying app to remotely see someone’s conversations. It is easier because you just have to install the app once on their phone and it will make spying easy for you. Xnspy.com is one recommended app to spy on WhatsApp conversations. Fortunately, once you install it on the target phone, you can hide it and hence the device owner will never find out their phone contains an app that is letting someone see their WhatsApp messages.
The WhatsApp spying app like Xnspy gives you the opportunity to log into a remote account and view the WhatsApp messages of the target device without notifying them. You can also view the messages that have been deleted by the device owner. Even if you don’t have technical knowledge, a WhatsApp spying app will still be easy for you to use.
A traditional way to read something from someone’s phone is to grab it and do whatever you want but this is not always easy. You can try whatever method shared above you are comfortable with to monitor someone’s WhatsApp conversations remotely. The most reliable one is to use a WhatsApp spying app because installation takes 5-10 minutes and after that, you no longer need the target phone. You are able to continuously view the messages as long as the WhatsApp spying app is installed on their device.