One of the best emulator to play PUBG mobile in PC is tencent gaming buddy. Since it’s in the beta version it has many bugs.
The worst problem is it starts to lag after few gameplays. The frame rate gets very low and the game starts to freeze.
Another issue is the frame rate fluctuates too much. You might get 50 fps and suddenly it will drops to 5-10 fps.
Before using the below methods its important to use proper settings for Tencent gaming buddy emulator in order to get the most out of it.
Optimizing Tencent Gaming Buddy
Well here are some settings you need to change. Launch Tencent gaming buddy, click the hamburger menu and select settings.
In settings, Select the Engine tab. Select the following options under the following category.
Under Rendering –
Now if you have a GPU 2 GB or more select DirectX+.
If you’re having GPU of 1 GB or less then select OpenGL+.
Check Render cache, Enforce Global Render Cache & Rendering Optimization.
You can also set Anti-aliasing to close, memory to maximum size available.
Under Processor –
If you have a 4 cores processor then set it to 2 cores,
similarly for 8 cores set it to 4 cores.
You can set the resolution to 1280×720 and DPI 240. Now that we have fixed the setting lets fix the lag issues.
Fix Lag in Tencent Gaming Buddy
Delete temp files
When you install tencent gaming buddy, it generates a lot of temporary data files which is stored in Temp folder. I have noticed significant increase in FPS after deleting these temp files.
- You can access the temp folder by going to the run menu(Windows+R).
- In the run window type %temp% and hit enter.
- Delete all the files from the temp folder.
Increase Virtual Memory Size
Another problem is Tencent Gaming Buddy uses more paging file size(Virtual memory) then its allotted. While running tencent gaming buddy, search for dxdiag in the start menu. This will open the DixectX Diagnostic tool.
Here you can see the amount of paging file size used and the paging file size available.
- Right click This PC/ My computer and go to properties.
- In properties go to Advanced System Settings and under the Performance section select settings.
- Here select the Advance tab and under the Virtual memory section click change.
- First un-check Automatically manage paging file size for all drives, then select the C drive and in custom size add 8000 to initial size and 9000 to maximum size.
- Click OK and reboot your PC.
The most basic method which is itself present in the emulator menu. Click the hamburger menu and you will find Clear Cache option.
Note – After clearing cache you have to login again, also the downloaded data is lost so you have to download all the maps again.
Disable Full Screen Optimization
- Right click on tencent gaming buddy and select open file location.
- A folder will open in which you will find AppMarket.
- Right click on AppMarket and select properties.
- In properties switch to Compatibility.
- Under compatibility mode select Windows 8.
- Under Settings check this –
Disable fullscreen optimizations.
Run this program as Administrator.
If you have a low end PC and the game still lags you can try to Run the game in 640×480 resolution. This will make the game look terrible but will improve the frame rates.
For low end PC I would suggest using Phoenix OS, it is currently the best emulator which supports PUBG Mobile. Checkout the below video: