Have you faced this error while booting phoenix OS?
“Minimal BASH like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completions
I faced this error after updating my Windows 10. This is a grub error which is caused when there is a problem with Phoenix OS boot on the Bootloader.
I spent 3-4 days finding the solution of the error, and surprisingly none of the methods worked for me. And then finally found a method which was working.
Note that for some this method will work for others it won’t so I have tried to list all the possible methods which worked for different people.
Fix Minimal bash like line editing Error
Method 1: Convert to Basic Disk
Now before trying this method, Right click on the start menu and select Disk Management.
On the bottom side, you will find Disk 0, and under that, the disk type would be mentioned, that is basic or dynamic. If your disk type is Dynamic then proceed with the method. If your disk type is basic then skip this method and try the other one.
- First, you need to download a program called AOMIE Partition tools.
- Now on the left-hand side under Wizards, you will find All Tool, In All tools, you will find Dynamic Disk Converter, select it.
- This will open a new Window, here click on next.
- Now select Method 1 Convert Dynamic disk to basic disk and click next.
- Click next and follow the instructions, Once the process is completed it will restart your PC and the disk will be converted to Basic.
- Now try to boot into Phoenix OS, If the error still exists then you need to follow the below method as well to fix Minimal BASH like line editing is supported in Phoenix OS.
Method 2: Install Phoenix OS in Separate Drive
This method is simple you have to create a separate drive/partition and install Phoenix OS in it. Now to create a new drive follow the below steps.
- Right click on the Windows start button and select disk management.
- In disk management, you can see all the drives. Right click on the drive which has some free space and select shrink volume.
- Here enter the new drive size in MB. For Phoenix OS 20 GB is enough.
- So enter 20000 MB and click the Shrink button.
- This will shrink your existing drive to create a new drive.
- Once the process is complete, you will find a new partition under disk 0.
- Right-click the new partition and select new simple volume.
- Follow the simple instructions and keep pressing the next button.
- Now this will create a new drive. Launch the Phoenix OS installer and install Phoenix OS in the newly created drive.
- Now you will no longer face Grub4DOS error in Phoenix OS.
Method 3 – Install Phoenix OS in USB Drive
If the above methods are not working for you then the only solution left is to install Phoenix OS in a USB drive and boot from it.
Off-course this will be a little slow when compared to installing in hard drive. But this is the only way you can use Phoenix OS as of now.
This method will definitely fix the Grub4DOS – Minimal BASH like line editing is supported error while booting Phoenix OS.
Make sure to bookmark this page or turn notifications on as I will keep updating this article with a new solution to fix the Grub4DOS error.