Gamer Sentenced To 15 Months Prison For Fatal ‘Swatting’ Case

Making a bogus emergency call to police may prove fatal for you and others as well. In Ohio, the United States, a gamer is sentenced 15 months imprisonment for such a nuisance. An Ohio gamer bet 1.50 $ and recruit a prankster for making a fake emergency call to corps. This results in the death of a Kansan Man in shooting by police.

Another person who is Casey Viner of age 19 from North College Hill of Ohio, has found guilty in this misfortunate event and is prohibited from playing and gaming activity for 2 years. This is announced by U.S. District Judge Eric Melgren after looking at the case in-depth.

In April, Viner pleaded guilty on account of charges of conspiracy and obstruction of justice. He was not expecting any imprisonment but eventually, justice is done. Viner accepted that he has tried to hide his participation in the 2017 incident and when he realized that someone has gotten killed, he admitted the allegation on him.

For ensuring fair judgment, prosecutors and defense lawyers demanded 2 years of probation and asked the court of law to confined Viner to his home except attending school and Church. Gaming restriction is the mutual demand of both lawyers.

The United States has been shaken with this very pitiful incident when a 28-year-old man, Andrew Finch of Kansas, was killed uselessly just because of any action taken on the false call. According to the officers, Viner takes on Tyler. R. Barriss attack his opponent who is 20 years old, Shane Gaskill of Wichita. However, as the old address is given old and so police reach accidentally to Finch, who has nothing to do with any dispute or video game.

U.S. District Judge Eric Melgren also found Gaskill guilty for knowingly providing the same old address to Viner. Upon investigating and interrogation, it has been found that he taunted to Viner – “try something”.

Barriss who is 26 years old of Los Angeles, called the corps on 28th December of 2017 and reported falsely kidnapping and shooting at Wichita. Finch was, unfortunately, shooted by police when he tried to figure out what was happening out of his door.

When Viner’s iPhone was examined by the forensic department, all the outgoing messages were recovered to unknown contacts. Out of them, one was, “I was involved in someone’s death.”

Finch family has raised the voice and sued the officers of Wichita and corps involved. On the other hand, the officer who shot Finch in his defense has said that he assumed that Finch was trying to shoot him because he moved his hand to the waistband.

All the charges against Gaskill are dropped and Barriss was sentenced for the imprisonment of 20 years being the main accused of fatal killing of Kansas man. Ever in history, this is the highest tenure of imprisonment on account of Swatting.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here