Are you a gamer looking for a freebie game in this quarantine period? What if I tell you that you have hit the jackpot! Yep, The second most popular game of all time, Grand Theft Auto 5 is now available for free! Yep, the premium game is available at absolutely no cost!
That is a jackpot, isn’t it? Yep! It is the best giveaway by the Epic games in this Covid-19 lockdown period.
We all love to play video games in our childhood days and even do after growing up to adulthood stages. But some games are close to our minds and hearts. One such heart-winning game is GTA V. Now Epic games have decided to give away this game for free for the loyal user community. You can download the game from Epic Games Store for absolutely free of cost. Maybe the “Premium” game now goes “Freemium” to alleviate the lockdown stress levels.
Here, all we are going to discuss is how to download the game, what are the system requirements to play on your own personal computer, and finally installing the gaming configurations.
System Requirements to Play GTA V on PC
Let’s first look into the system requirements to know whether this game is compatible with your system or not.
Yeah, to run GTA 5, you need to have some specific hardware requirements. You will need a system with at least Windows 7 and above operating system with 64-bit configuration. This is the basic system requirement you will need. If you get this system, then the processor and HDD will come along with it.
But to your profound knowledge, you need to know about the required processor capacity, memory capacity, and HDD. Now with the processor, you should have a minimum of quad-core CPU at 2.5GHz. It is highly recommended to use a high capacity processor for the gaming environment. So you can opt for Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs).
Thirdly, your system’s RAM capacity. You should have at least 4GB memory for playing this game, and the best-recommended memory capacity would be 8GB. You would need a Video Card such as NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB to have a clear perspective on the game.
Then you will need a Sound Card that is 100% DirectX 10 compatible. Finally, you would need a hard disk drive space of at least 85GB and above. These are the technical or physical hardware specifications you need for playing this game.
How to Download GTA 5 Online for Free
- To download GTA 5 online for free, you should first signup or register an account with Epic Games on their website EpicGames.com. You can sign up with Facebook and Google as well.
- Now you need to enable two-factor authentication, to enable it, visit this link and under two-factor authentication click on Email authentication.
- A security code will be sent to your email. Enter that security code on the Epic Games website.
- After enabling two-factor authentication, you will be given a claim period to download the game. You will have this bucket period of 5-6 days to download this game on your PC for free. After that particular period, you cannot claim the game for free.
- Now go to epic games store and search for GTA 5, and click on ‘GET’ the game. Click on the checkout option and the game will be added to your library.
- That’s it! You have bought the game for free.
- Now download the Epic Games launcher and sign in with your account.
- After signing in go to your library and there you will find GTA 5.
- Now you can open the downloaded package and click the library options to install it. All done, this is the premium edition of the game, which means you can also play GTA 5 online.