Searching for how to block websites? Well everyone wants to block unwanted websites to keep there network clean even parents want to block websites to keep their children away from dirty stuffs.
In the previous tutorial, I already covered how to open blocked sites & today I’ll be covering how to block websites on your PC. So to make this task easier I came up with a very simple method that will guide you in blocking websites on your pc.
How to Block Websites in Windows?
- Go to start and search for the notepad.
- Right-click notepad and click on run as administrator.
- Now go to file – open, In file name type the file location given below and click open.
- Now it will open hosts file and it looks something like this :
- So here’s the tricky part, scroll at the bottom of the hosts file and add 127.0.0.1 followed by the website URL that you want to block.
For Ex – Suppose I want to block geeksgyaan.com so I’ll add the following line :
- Now similarly on new line, we can again add a website and in this way, we can block n number of websites as shown below.
- Save your hosts file and now whenever you try to access those sites it will show Webpage not available.
Watch Video Tutorial
How Blocking Websites Works?
Hope you are able to block unwanted websites, If you have any doubts then feel free to ask in comments.