How to open blocked sites is the most popular question specially asked by school students, so we have decided to share some of the best methods available to open blocked websites. I usually share methods that are easy to implement.
So I’m going to show two methods, If the first doesn’t work then the second will definitely work. Actually, both methods are working fine but the first method was used by dinosaurs(It’s old), So it may not work everywhere that’s why I decided to write the second one.
How to Open Blocked Websites?
Using Command Prompt
In this method, we are going to use Microsoft’s inbuilt tool that is command prompt. You might be thinking about how can we unblock websites using the command prompt. The answer is quite simple we are going to ping the blocked site to get its original IP address and then we can easily open blocked sites using it’s IP address. Follow the below steps to unblock a site using the command prompt.
- Search for cmd and launch command prompt
- Now type the following command
ping <site to be unblocked>
For example, I want to unblock facebook so I’ll type
- Now you’ll get a message as shown below-
Reply from XX.XX.XX.XX
- copy the IP address (XX.XX.XX.XX)
- Open your web browser and paste the copied IP address in your browser and hit enter.
- Now you are able to access blocked websites. Simple isn’t it?
That was the first method that works pretty well and is also the most recommended method. In case if your school/office uses some kind of software to block the websites then the above method might not work. So if the method doesn’t work then you can follow the below method.
Using Proxy Sites
Now, let us unblock websites using proxy sites. Follow the below step to open blocked sites using proxy servers.
- First of all visit New IP Now.
- Now enter the website URL that you want to unblock.
- Just click on Browse Anonymously and there you go, Site unblocked!
The reason I recommended the first method is:
- Many proxy sites are also blocked in schools/colleges.
- Some proxy sites are slow, thus takes time to load websites.
- This is the most important reason, As proxy sites mask your IP address (Changes your location) so your social networking account may get temporarily blocked because of accessing your account from another location.
Hope this article helped you in accessing blocked sites in your school, college or office. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask in the comments section.