Did you forget your WiFi password or maybe you just want to see your friends WiFi password? Well, using this simple trick you can easily see the WiFi password.
Let me get some things clear there is no way to show Wifi password without root if you are not connected to that WiFi. If you see an article or video which says that it’s fake. The only way to see WiFi Password in Android with or without root is if you are connected to that WiFi network.
If you are connected to the WiFi network and want to see the password of that WiFi then it’s simple. You can do this easily by following the below steps.
Show WiFi Password in Android Without Root
- First, you need to login to the router’s admin panel. To do so, open your browser on your Android device and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press enter.
- Now it will ask you for a username and password. All the routers have admin as their default username and password.
- Once you are logged in, go to Wireless section and tap on Wireless Security.
- Here look for the PSK password, and you can see that the password of connected WiFi is visible.
Show WiFi Password on Android (Root)
- Download and Install ES File Explorer (It is available officially at free of costs on Play Store).
- Now open ES File Explorer. Press your phone’s Menu/Options button → Now go to Local → Select Device (from the drop-down menu). ES File Explorer will ask Super User permission click on allow.
- You will see different system folders. Open the folder named “data”. → Now open folder called “misc” → and now open folder “wifi”.
- In the “wifi” folder there is a file called “wpa_supplicant.conf”. Open it as text. Scroll it down until you will find out your WiFi name (SSID). See there is wifi password (PSK) below the SSID.