How to Block Facebook Website on Your PC Manually
- Go to start and search for notepad.
- Right click notepad and select run as administrator.
- Now go to file and select open. It will open the browse window.
- In the address bar paste the following address and hit enter – C:WindowsSystem32Driversetc
- Now in the file types select All files, Then you can immediately see a bunch of files.
- Open the hosts file and add the following code in it.
# This will block facebook
- After adding the above code the hosts file looks something like this :
Hit ctrl+s to save the hosts file and now you have successfully blocked Facebook on your network.
In case if you want to unblock it then you just need to remove the code that you have added to the hosts file. If you’re still confused then just follow the below steps to unblock Facebook on your computer.
How to Unblock Facebook on Your PC
- Again launch notepad with administrative rights.
- Hit ctrl+O to open the browse window.
- Just paste the below address in the address bar and hit enter – C:WindowsSystem32Driversetc
- Select All Files in the bottom right of the window in file type section.
- Now open the hosts file and remove the code which we have added previously.
- Hit save(Ctrl + S) and now Facebook will be no longer blocked on your computer.
If you face any difficulties in blocking facebook on your network then do mention it in comments. Also checkout a quick guide on how to open blocked websites.