We usually use Facebook to kill our time and connect with our friends. But slowly-slowly Facebook is becoming a big addiction. Most people are getting addicted to Facebook and they are wasting their precious time. So one of the best ways to kill this addiction is to block Facebook on your network or personal computer.
As Facebook is been blocked so you can’t access it and hopefully this will help you to get rid of this addiction. Although you can easily use some software to block Facebook on your PC, but you can also do it manually without using any software. So just follow the below steps to block Facebook on your PC.
How to Block Facebook Website on Your PC
- Go to the Start Menu and search for Notepad.
- Right-click on Notepad and select run as administrator.
- Now go to File and select Open. It will open a Window.
- In the address bar paste the following address and hit enter – C:Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
- Now in the file types select All files, Then you can immediately see a bunch of files.
- Open the hosts file and add the following code in it.
# This will block Facebook by geeksgyaan.com
- After adding the above code the hosts file looks something like this :
- Hit ctrl+s to save the hosts file and now you have successfully blocked Facebook on your computer.
In case if you want to unblock it then you just need to remove the code that you have added to the hosts file. If you’re still confused then just follow the below steps to unblock Facebook on your computer.
How to Unblock Facebook on Your Computer
- Again launch notepad with administrative rights.
- Press Ctrl+O to open the browse window.
- Just paste the below address in the address bar and hit enter – C:\Windows\System32Drivers\etc
- Select All Files in the bottom right of the window in the file type section.
- Now open the hosts file and remove the code which we have added previously.
- Hit save(Ctrl + S) and now Facebook will be no longer blocked on your computer.
If you face any difficulties in blocking facebook on your network then do mention it in comments. Also check out a quick guide on how to open blocked websites.