2 Ways to Back Up Contacts On Your Android Device
Usually, your Android device data (including contacts) is already synced with the Gmail account connected to your phone. If it’s not then you might not have enabled automatic back up on your android device, Just follow the given steps to enable automatic back up on your device.
Backup Android Contacts to Your Gmail Account
- Navigate to your phone settings and select backup and reset.
- Turn on backup my data option to backup all your data.
- Login to your Gmail account using your desktop.
- Now on the left-hand side click the drop-down arrow and select contacts.
- A new tab will open and you can find all your contacts.
- If your contacts are not showing then wait some time so that all your contacts get backed up.
- Now in case if you format your android device then just sign in with your Gmail account again and all your contacts will be automatically restored.
Backup Contacts in SD card Of Your Android
- Go to the menu and tap on contacts.
- Tap the options button and select Import/Exports.
- Now you will get multiple options to import and export your contacts.
- Select Export to .vcf file
- Now save the backup file to your SD card and further you can copy the file to your PC/Mac.
How to Restore these Contacts?
- Again go to contacts and tap on options.
- Select Import/Export option and further select Import from .vcf file.
- Now select the .vcf file which we have saved earlier.
- Now all your contacts will be restored automatically.