Snapchat is the best way to express yourself with its camera made for communicating live with anyone across the world. Snapchat lets you live in the moment with exciting and funny stickers, emoji and more. Besides that, it has all the features of a good instant messaging application.
Taking pictures is nothing new but it would be really funny and new when you imagine yourself with big ears and long tongue hanging out of your mouth. Snapchat is popularly known for such filters. Those little moments of joy and laughter where we always find the lost smile in our life could be captured in a snap with the help of the Snapchat app. Try funky lenses and those cool stickers of Snapchat and see the whole new way to see your selfie.
But all these features are in vain if you don’t have a gang of crazy friends on Snapchat. Usually, you can find friends on Snapchat by their usernames in the search field. Does this mean that you can’t connect with friends on Snapchat whose username you don’t know? Well, not really. Although it is easy to find friends on Snapchat if you know there username, there are yet many alternatives to get easily connected with your friends on Snapachat without the need for username.
1. Add Your Friends Using Snapcode
- If remembering the username of your friend is too difficult then you can ask them to give their Snapcode to you.
- Snapchatters can scan your Snapcode to add you as a friend.
- Ask your friend to send the screenshot of his Snapcode, you can find Snapcode by tapping the Profile icon.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Find out the option of “Add Friends icon”. It is located on the right side of the Snapchat App screen. This is for Android users.
- If you are an iPhone user, tap on “Add Friends” from the profile page and then tap on Snapcode.
- Select the Snapcode which you have saved on your phone’s camera roll.
- After then, tap on “Add Friend”.
2. Find Your Nearby Friends on Snapchat
If you don’t know the username of your friend on Snapchat and you also can’t add them using Snapcode for some reason. Then, Snapchat has the option of finding nearby friends called “Quick Add”. Using this option, if you are searching nearby (Say within 60 km of your location), the app shows the name of all the friends nearby your location provided they should also enable the option of “Quick Add”. Add your dear friends out of the list shown.
3. Search By First & Last Name
It is ok if you don’t know the username of your friend but at least you must be knowing the first name or last name of your friend. Generally, we make username starting with first or last name or both. If your friend too thinks like that, there are high chances that you may find him or her on the roll. You may try different name combinations to search your friend on Snapchat. Say if your friend’s name is Sameer, You can try searching him writing names like ‘Sam’, ‘Sameer’, ‘Samy’, etc. Out of the long list of Snapchat users, probably you may find your friend.
4. Finding Friends on Snapchat By Phone Number
- Open the Snapchat App.
- At the top right corner of the home screen, tap on the option of “Add Friends”.
- There you will see the option of ‘All Contacts’. Hit it.
- This actually enables Snapchat to connect with the contacts saved on your mobile phone.
- Eventually, you can see a long list of contacts a mobile number of which are saved on your phone.
- Scroll and scan the list to find the people you are looking for.
- To add them, tap on the “Add” button locating beside the name of your friend.