How To Appear Offline On Facebook?

0

Facebook is one of the oldest social platforms where you can find anyone from the youngest to oldest. No doubt that Facebook is a fabulous way to get connected with your loved ones and like-minded people but sometimes we all need a break. In such situations, Facebook Messenger keeps disturbing you. To get rid of annoying messages, people either uninstall the messenger App or choose to go offline.

We have a better way to deal with such a situation which is better if you want to continue browsing Facebook but don’t want to chat. Facebook has a lot of features that many people don’t know. One such feature is appearing offline on Facebook.

How To Appear Offline on Facebook Chat?

The ratio of people using Facebook through the web is quite low but still, such people exist. According to the statistics, more than 90% of Facebook users log in through their mobile devices. So, if you use the Facebook web, you are among the rest 10%. That’s probably the reason that Facebook is focusing on the majority of the audience who chat through Messenger. The settings of Facebook Chat (Web) is a little different than that of the Messenger App.

  • Log in to your Facebook account on your PC.
  • On the home page, you will see the ‘chat’ option on the right-hand side.
  • In the chat option, click on the options button (gear icon).
Appear-Offline-on-Facebook-Chat
Appear Offline on Facebook Chat
  • Select the option of ‘Turn off chats’ and ‘Turn off Active Status’.
  • Now chats would be turned off on Facebook and you will appear offline.

How To Appear Offline On Facebook Messenger

Since the majority of Facebook users use Facebook on their smartphone. Facebook messenger is one such app that keeps your status online all the time unless you disable it. Here’s how to appear offline on Facebook Messenger.

  • Open the Messenger App.
  • Tap on the gear icon at the top left side of your app screen.
  • Go to ‘Settings’
  • A new pop up appears on your screen.
  • Find the option of ‘Show when you’re active’.
How-To-Appear-Offline-On-Facebook-Messenger
Appear Offline On Facebook Messenger
  • Toggle it to turn off.
  • Doing this, you will appear offline with your contacts on Facebook Messenger.

Appear Offline to Specific People on Facebook

Sometimes, you want to appear offline to some specific annoying people who keeps texting you unless you reply to them. Facebook has a feature that lets you appear offline to such people. There is also the option of selecting a particular time to turn off chats, video and voice calls.

  • Go to the ‘Settings’ of your Facebook Chat.
  • Click on the option of “Turn Off Active Status”
  • A new popup appears on your screen.
Appear Offline On Facebook To Specific People
Appear Offline On Facebook To Specific People
  • There you will see 3 options, “Turn off Active Status for all contacts”, “Turn off Active Status for all contacts except” and “Turn off Active Status for some contacts only”.

All the above three options are self-explanatory. Out of the three, selecting the first option you will turn off chats for all your contacts.

In the second option, you can type the name of the person for which you want to appear online. For all the rest of the contacts, your status will be offline.

The third option, you can exclusively select contacts for which you want to appear offline.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here