Sometimes we accidentally delete our Instagram messages that we might need later on. There might be a situation when you need to recover some important messages from Instagram. We have already seen how we can recover deleted data from our smartphone, But many people don’t know that it is possible to recover deleted Instagram messages as well.
Here are 5 legit ways using which you can recover deleted Instagram messages at any later point of time.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages?
You had stored some important information and maybe the application crashed or you mistakenly hit the ‘Delete’ button and now all important messages were lost. Now you want to recover it but you are clueless how to do that?
Instagram today is the most widely and popularly used social networking and messaging application. Nowadays apart from personal messaging, businesses are also using the chat feature to interact with their Associates.
In such a case sometimes it is much needed that you want to recover lost messages on Instagram. Check these 5 methods that will help you out in such a situation.
Read – How to Retrieve Deleted Whatsapp Messages
Recovery From Stock Instagram Data
Deleted messages from your Instagram account are somewhere stored on the host server. Instagram server data for your account can be accessed by you using the ‘Share Data’ feature. You can not only recover the messages but also the images, videos, and anything which you have shared. The steps to do so are simplified below.
- Open the web browser on your device.
- Go to the official web page of Instagram.
- Go to your profile icon and click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- A pop-up window will appear from where you have to choose the ‘Privacy and Security’ option.
- When you scroll down, you will get the option of ‘Data Download’.
- For using this option, you need to verify your identity. So login again and enter your credentials.
- Once you will verify, you will see the message “Your Download is Ready”.
- Then you will be asked to enter your email address.
- When you enter the email address, you will get a download link.
- Click on the link.
- You need to enter your password once more and then you will get the ‘Request Download’ option.
- You will get an email instantly in your inbox containing the entire data of Instagram to date.
- Download the file.
- Unzip the file.
- Out of the multiple files received, locate “messages.json”.
- When you run this file with the text editor, you will be able to read all your lost messages.
Read – How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages & Photos
Recovering Instagram Messages From Connected to Facebook.
If you don’t know, let us tell you that Instagram and Facebook are both owned by Facebook. So there is another way to get back the lost Instagram messages from the connected Facebook account?
Note that you can use this method only if your Instagram account is connected with a Facebook page. Yes, your account should be connected to a Facebook page, else it’s of no use.
- Open the web browser on your device.
- Go to the official web page of Facebook.
- Login to your Facebook account which is linked with your Instagram account.
- Open Facebook inbox.
- On the left side of the menu, find the option of ‘Instagram Direct’.
- Then you can find all your Instagram messages which have been deleted from the Instagram account.
When the stock method doesn’t help you, third-party tools always come to your rescue. In order to recover the deleted Instagram messages, there are many third-party tools available online.
These tools basically make use of the cache data to recover the deleted images, videos, and messages. These tools are completely safe, secure, and easy to use. We are going to recommend some handy tools which can work on both Android and iPhone devices.
Fonelab For Android
There are many instances when one wants to get back their lost data from the Android phone. Fonelab is designed as a powerful, fast, and easy to use tool that can help you recover all your device data including images, videos, files documents, call logs, contacts, music, and everything. Its software is available for both Windows and Mac computers. This software does not only support Instagram but manages to get back your data from any other such apps.
U.Fone For iPhone
iPhone users probably have heard about U.Fone which is widely used as an iPhone data recovery software. This is developed especially for iPhone users to recover their media files, pictures, contacts, and whatever the data saved on the iPhone.
This software is not only compatible with the iPhone but also works well with iPad and iPod. Apart from data recovery, this can also fix certain screen issues and compatibility errors that you may encounter with your iPhone or iPad. So, overall it is a good and easy tool to manage your iPhone data safely.
Scam Recovery Tools
With the ease of using the internet hackers and attackers are also finding digital ways to get into your social media space. You may find many online tools that claim to recover your lost and deleted messages from Instagram but not all of them are genuine. In fact, you really found 1 or 2 websites that do what they promised else all others are totally fake.
The motive of such websites is to hack your Instagram account and use the information for making money out of your data because it asks for the username and password for recovering your data. So always remember to make a wise decision and stay away from such fraudulent websites.
Take Help of the Sender
If you lost something very important information or conversation on the Instagram chat, you can ask the sender to resend it again. The sender can also take the screenshot and send it to you.
This is the easiest way when the sender does not have any problem in giving you the chat history back. But this method won’t work when you are searching for something against the sender itself. In that case, you can take help from the rest of the above-mentioned methods.