Every now and then, we come across some creative videos on the internet that we can’t resist downloading. But most sites don’t allow you to download their videos. In such a case you can follow the below methods to download embedded videos from any website.
Videos that are self-hosted and are on the web page are known as embedded videos. You can easily watch these videos on the page it’s been posted, instead of going to the original web page. People can host embedded videos on different locations like their blogs, websites, etc.
How to Download Embedded Videos?
Since downloading embedded videos from various sites has proven to be a bit difficult for people, we decided to make it simple. We are listing 6 easy methods that you can try out to download embedded videos without many issues:
Method 1: Downloading Embedded Videos Directly from Sites
The success of this method heavily depends on the format of the video on the website. Certain embedded videos can be easily downloaded like one with MP4 format, etc. You just have to follow the steps given below:
Follow the simple steps below to download a video:
- Visit the webpage where your video is posted.
- Play the video and right-click on it. Among the options that you’ll see, select the “save video as” option.
- You will be asked to select a location on your device wherein the video will be downloaded/saved.
- After selecting the location, click on the ‘save’ button. Your video will be downloaded/save on your device. You can watch it later.
Method 2: Download the Video with Free Video Downloaders
Video downloaders have made the lives of people easy by allowing them to download videos from different websites for free. You can download videos in different resolutions ranging from 240p to HD quality ones, according to your comfort. In addition to this, you can also download embedded videos.
Listed below are a few of the best video downloaders that you can try:
1. 4K Video Downloader
This video downloader allows you to easily download video and audio files from YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and several such sites on Linux, Windows PC, macOS, etc., all for free. You just have to download this application on your device and get started:
- Once you have downloaded the application, open it.
- Then, copy the URL of the video you want to download.
- Paste the URL on the ‘paste link’ button visible in the application.
- You will be asked to select the quality of the video and once selected, click on the ‘download’ button.
2. Free HD Video Converter Factory
This is another video downloader, in case you don’t like the first one. You need to download this application and then follow the steps given below to download an embedded video:
- Open the application.
- You will see a ‘New download’ option on the top menu. Select that option and wait till a screen pops up with the title ‘new download’.
- Copy the URL of the video you want to download and paste it into the ‘Add URL’ section. Click on the ‘Analyze’ option and the analysis of the URL will start.
- Choose the video’s resolution, select a download location and click on the download button on the screen to get the video downloaded with ease.
3. EaseUS MobiMover Free
This video downloader lets you download videos from YouTube, Facebook, and many such sites with ease. Just download EaseUS MobiMover and follow the steps given below:
- Start the application and select the ‘Video downloader’ option present on the left side of the application.
- Then, copy the URL of the video you wish to download and paste it in the bar. Click on the ‘download’ button after that.
- Once your URL has been analyzed by the application, it’ll be downloaded soon after so that you can enjoy watching it offline.
Method 3: Download an Embedded Video Using Chrome/Firefox Bowser
Downloading software can sometimes get annoying. So, if you wish to directly download embedded videos, you can do so with the help of chrome or firefox browser. You just have to follow the steps given below:
- Launch the browser you are using and play the embedded video you wish to download on it.
- Then, either right-click on the blank margins or press F12. Select ‘inspect element’ if you are using Firefox and ‘inspect’ in the case of chrome browser.
- Once the inspect page appears, go to the Network>Media tab.
- Press ‘F5’ and play the video. You’ll then see the download link on the page on the left side.
- Right-click on the link and select ‘Open in a new tab’. The video will be played in a new tab.
- Click on the ‘download’ option or right-click and choose the ‘save video as’ option. The embedded video will be available on your device.
Method 4: Download Embedded Videos Using Browser Extensions
Downloading videos with the help of browser extensions is quite a common and popular method. These extensions allow easy download of videos from several video hosting websites like Vimeo, YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.
The browser extension that works quite well with most websites is Video DownloadHelper. As the name suggests, it has great features that help in downloading videos of your choice with ease. Just follow the steps given below:
- Add the Video DownloadHelper extension to your browser.
- Once added, restart your browser and play the embedded video that you want to download.
- Now click on the ‘video downloadHelper’ icon and select ‘Quick download’.
- Your video will be downloaded.
This extension can also be used to convert embedded videos to a different format, which is quite useful most times.
Method 5: Download Videos Using Online Services
There are several websites online that help users downloading embedded videos effectively. While there are many out there, we’ll give you an example of one such service that you can use which is the Fetch file.
- Go to fetchfile.net.
- You will see an empty bar wherein you have to paste the URL of the video you want to download and then click on ‘Download video’.
- Next, you will have to select the video resolution and location on your device. Your video will be downloaded and saved for offline watching.
Method 6: Download Videos with Browser Developer Tools
If none of the other methods worked well for you, there is another way of downloading embedded videos with ease. You can download them with the help of browser developer tools available in chrome or firefox browser. The steps to download videos with these tools are given below:
Download Videos with Chrome Developer Tool
- Go to the page you wish to download the video from. Then, right-click on it and select the ‘inspect’ option.
- Then, go to the network>Media tab.
- The video will be visible on the page having an mp4 or video format extension. Right-click on the video and select Copy>copy link address.
- Go to a new tab, paste this link address there and press enter.
- The video will appear in front of you. Just right-click on it and choose ‘save video’. You will be asked to select a location to save on your device. Once you have selected it and pressed enter, your video will be downloaded.
Download Video with Firefox Page Info Tool
- Open the website where your video is playing.
- Right-click on it and select the ‘View page info>Media’
- Then, try to see the address of the video file type.
- Copy and paste the link into a new tab.
- When you see the video playing, just right-click on it and choose the save option.
Before trying out these methods, make sure that the content is available in your country. Also, most of these methods are highly effective on mainstream video hosting platforms such as YouTube. It may not work with other websites. However, there are several methods listed above, so one of these will surely work out for you.