There may have been several times when you’ve faced the issue – “Video could not be played” while trying to browse through videos on Twitter. This can be caused by several issues like network problems, issues with Twitter servers, browser faults, missing components, and several other issues.
In case you’re tired of finding fixes for these issues on the internet, this article will guide you through all the best options to try. Apart from the quick fixes listed here, we have also included a few tips so that you don’t have to face this sort of issue again. Without further ado, let’s get started with the 8 best fixes for Twitter videos not playing.
Reasons for Twitter Videos Not Playing or Getting Stuck
Before getting started with all the fixes, let’s take a look at some of the main causes of this problem. Once you can determine which problem you’re facing, you can easily decide which fix you need to implement from the options listed below.
- Network Problems – Check whether your internet connection is stable or not. This can be done by connecting different devices to the internet connection you’re using and then checking whether Twitter is facing the same problem on all of them.
- Check Issues with Cache and Cookies – Often, the issue with Twitter videos not playing lies with a corrupted cache or cookies. Check with a different browser to determine whether the issue lies with the Twitter app or the browser that you’re using.
- Problems with the Twitter Client – Sometimes, these types of problems can be caused by either problems on Twitter’s side, or because of issues with the Twitter client on Android or iOS.
- Outdated Software – In case you’re using a very old browser, then it can also be the cause of this problem.
Easy Fixes for Twitter Videos not Playing
This list of fixes has been divided into different parts, which first focus on issues with the mobile app Twitter provides. Next, we have included some fixes that you can implement on Windows or Mac.
For Android and iOS Devices
This issue can be commonly seen on the Twitter app on both Android and iOS. Let’s see how you can easily fix this issue on these platforms.
Diagnose Network Problems
The Twitter app is almost completely dependent on a stable Internet connection to offer you content. But, in case your network is not stable, then it can be a chore to run even the smallest videos, and load the various photos tweeted by users. The steps listed below will help you to diagnose and fix network issues.
- First, restarting your device can sometimes fix potential problems with your network.
- If restarting doesn’t fix the issue, then you can navigate to the settings app on your phone and look for the network options.
- Either connect to a different WiFi connection or switch to mobile data to check if it fixes the issue.
- The next fix that you can implement for network issues in case the ones listed above don’t work is resetting the network completely. These options can be generally found under the reset options in Android and iOS devices.
Use the Mobile Browser to Access Twitter
Sometimes, the problem of Twitter videos not playing can be traced back to the Twitter app itself. In these cases, it is recommended to check whether Twitter is working well in a browser or not. Follow the steps listed below to do so:
- Open any browser of your choice, and open Twitter using this link.
- Next, log in to your account from Twitter.
- Check whether all videos and photos are loading normally.
- If all the videos and photos are loading normally in the browser, then the issue most likely lies with the Twitter app on your devices.
Re-install the Twitter App
Re-installing the Twitter app is one of the best ways to fix the problem of videos not loading. Doing so is quite easy, and the steps are listed below:
- Open the Play Store or the App Store on your smartphone.
- Search for Twitter from the app.
- Once located, tap on uninstall to remove the app and its traces from your device.
- After the uninstallation, reinstall the app by tapping on “Install”.
This should fix any issue with the Twitter app and fix the video not playing problem with relative ease. Apart from these, keeping the Twitter app and your overall system updated is another great way to try and fix these issues.
Twitter Issues on Desktop Platforms
In case your issue is not limited to just the mobile and desktop Twitter apps, and videos are not working correctly even on desktop browsers, then there are some other fixes that you can try to fix this issue. Let’s go over some of them.
- Open Chrome and navigate to the Settings.
- Once inside settings, navigate to “Privacy and security” from the left navigation window.
- Here, open “Site settings” to get access to the various options inside.
- Now you can check whether Twitter is working or not.
Clear Cookies and Site Data on Your Browser
One of the most common problems due to which Twitter and other sites don’t work normally is corrupted site data. You can easily fix this by clearing cookies and cache on the browser you normally access Twitter on. Let’s take a look at how to do the same on Chrome:
- Open Settings on Chrome and navigate to “Privacy and Security”.
- Select “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Under the “Basic” tab, select “Cookies and other site data”, and finally select “Clear data”.
- Once done, restart your browser and try accessing Twitter again on Chrome.
This concludes all of the simple methods that you can use to fix the problem of Twitter videos not loading. The tips listed here should help you to easily fix this problem, regardless of the platform that you’re using it on.