With EA Star Wars Battlefront II listed as free-to-play on the Epic Games Store, more and more players are joining it. But now, there have been a bunch of EA error codes encountered by players.
As with other EA games, EA Star Wars Battlefront 2 Error Code 524 is causing players trouble. There is a particular error code that appears whenever players try to access the game online. You can fix it by following this troubleshooting guide if you’re also one of the victims.
This error code, reading “Sorry, this account is not able to play online. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information. Error code: 524”, is appearing across almost all platforms.
It is important to note that EA error codes for the Star Wars Battlefront 2 video game are generally related to server connectivity or downtime issues, but in this case, it is due to an age restriction problem with the account or Xbox Profile used when it was first created.
How To Fix Star Wars Battlefront 2 Error Code 524
Several forums online have reported that the reason is hidden under your date of birth. You will not be able to participate in multiplayer mode on the EA Star Wars Battlefront II video game if your account is configured with a date of birth that counts under 13 years of age.
In the meantime, if you have accidentally created an Xbox One Profile account under the age of 13 by mistake or for some other reason, you can fix this issue by setting up your actual age in the Xbox One Profile.
If you would like to change your date of birth details correctly, you can open a support ticket with EA and follow their instructions.
Raise a Support Ticket to EA
The EA Support Agent can increase your age accordingly if the Xbox profile does not apply to you. However, this will require authentication for your actual age.
- Go to the Manage your Account section of the EA Support Forum.
- Create a support ticket now for your problem.
- In a short time, a support agent will be able to assist you over a live chat.
- The age proof documents may need to go through a verification process for a couple of weeks.
You’ll be able to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 multiplayer again once your EA account’s age is increased after the authentication has been completed.
Create a new Xbox One Profile
You can create a new Xbox One profile if you want to play the EA Star Wars Battlefront 2 video game only. You should also know that EA does not allow players under 13 years old into the online multiplayer mode. Don’t get confused between EA and Xbox policy. Therefore, Xbox support may not be able to completely help you out of this situation.
You will need to create a new Xbox One profile with an 18 year old or higher age limit in order to play EA games. We don’t recommend this for non-adult players.
- Start by going to the home screen or dashboard of your Xbox.
- Log out of your existing profile (if you have one).
- In the top-left corner, click the bar.
- From the Sign in! interface, select Add New.
- Enter a valid email address now and please enter a valid birthday date that is at least 18 years old.
- Complete the profile creation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- You will be able to play once you successfully sign in to your new Xbox One profile.
- Launch Star Wars Battlefront 2 and see if the error code 524 appears again.
Also note, that you should follow the first method if you already have a lot of saved games on your existing account and aren’t interested in switching accounts or you’re a PC gamer.
How To Fix Slow Star Wars Battlefront 2 Downloads?
Try pausing and unpausing your game after 15 seconds or so to see if that speeds up the download. An ethernet cord can also be used to connect your console or Windows PC to your router if you’re downloading via wireless Wi-Fi.
How To Fix Star Wars Battlefront 2 Lag?
It may be necessary to restart your router or open up/forward ports if you experience severe in-game lag. Here are a few basics you should keep in mind as you try to find what works for you:
- Restart your router.
- Instead of using a wireless connection, use a wired one.
- You should move your console closer to your router if you have to use wireless.
How To Get Unstuck On A Loading Screen?
You should exit Star Wars Battlefront 2 completely if you get stuck loading into/joining a server or during the matchmaking process.
With the right steps, you can easily fix the Star Wars Battlefront 2 error code 524. The process may be a bit tedious and time-consuming, but it is ultimately worth it if you want to enjoy your favourite game without interruption.
We hope our guide has been helpful in helping you get past this issue and back into playing your favourite game as soon as possible. Good luck!