If you are a game lover, you must have heard about Discord. Discord is an amazing software designed for communicating while playing the games. It can also be used for sharing audio, video, text and screen sharing. No doubt that Discord is a wonderful software but a lot of users have faced an issue that Discord screen share audio not working. This article deals with all the possible ways to fix Discord audio while screen sharing.
Before we know the fix for the issue, it is important to know the causes. Let us discuss it in a brief here.
Usually, Discord runs well on any Windows version however the issue may occur in the following scenarios –
- Due to corrupt discord files.
- Issues with discord voice settings.
- Corrupt audio drives.
- The browser from where the audio is sourced may have failed.
There is no particular and sure cause for the error. However, we have a lot of possible solutions that help you to come out of the trouble of Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working.
1 – Reset Discord Voice Settings
Until now, we were focusing on workarounds that are related to PC and PC settings but it is also fruitful to check the voice settings of the Discord software itself. Sometimes, voice settings of Discord software disable or gets corrupted which gives rise to such issues. So, it is a good idea to reset the voice settings of Discord software.
- Open Discord.
- In the panel located at the right side of the Discord software, click on “Settings”.
- Then, Under “Settings”, find out the option of “Voice & Video” and select it.
- Select the option of “Reset voice settings”.
- Finally, click “OK” to make the changes effective.
Once you do this, turn off and turn on the Discord software to see. Hopefully, Discord Screen Share Not Working issue will be fixed.
2 – Restart Your System
A lot of our problems solved when we restart our PC or computer. This is the first thing that we should do. Rebooting PC will shut down all the unnecessary processes and bring back the system on the track. This is the simplest and fastest solution and most of the time it gets the Discord software working like before.
3 – Add Sideloaded Program to Discord
If even after resetting the Discord Voice settings the issue persists, the ultimate idea is to add a program that runs audio, video, and text in the Discord channel. This will give you a seamless experience of sharing audio and video with your friends on Discord. For example, if you are trying to access audio from Google Chrome, you should add the Google Chrome program to Discord.
- Open Discord.
- On the panel located at the right side of the Discord software, click on “Settings”.
- Then, Under “Settings”, look for the option of “Game Activity” and select it.
- Now click on the “Add it” option.
- Select the program as per your needs.
- You may add a game and turn on the Overlay program.
When you successfully added the program, try sharing the screen on Discord and check if it is the resolution you were looking for!
4 – Update Your Audio Drivers
Every PC has audio drivers installed which are responsible for producing quality sound. Outdated, missing, or faulty drivers may slow down or destabilize your computer, even may ruin your gaming experience. Outdated Audio drivers could be a reason for Discord Screen share No audio working issue. If you have restarted your PC but the situation is not changed, check your PC’s audio drivers. You can use Driver Booster is one great driver updating tool.
- Download the Driver Booster tool. You can download it from here.
- Launch Driver Booster with Administrative rights.
- Now you will see a “Scan” button at the center of your PC screen. Click on it.
- Upon clicking on the ‘Scan’, it will start the search for troublesome drivers.
- Soon, it will fetch all the Sound, Video, and Game controller drivers.
- Update the ‘Audio drivers’.
When you installed the updated drivers, start the Discord software and try sharing screen to check if it is working properly or not.
5 – Dump Softwares That Creates Problem
We install a lot of third-party applications and they are good until they start creating issues. For Discord Screen Share Audio not working issue, maybe these third-party applications are responsible. If that is so, don’t wait anymore to uninstall them from your PC.
- Go to the “Control Panel” of your PC.
- Then, go to Programs.
- Click on “Uninstall Programs”.
- Under “Programs & Features”, find the applications that you no longer use.
- And, click the “Uninstall” button.
- Restart your PC.
6 – Uninstall & Reinstall The Discord
When nothing out of the above works, the last thing you can do is uninstall the existing Discord software and re-install the updated one from the trusted and official sources. In the majority of the cases, users have reported that their issue has resolved on Windows OS 10, 8, and 7.
If reinstalling and updating the Discord software doesn’t help, for sure the problem is with your PC that might don’t support some of the functions of Discord software. We hope this tutorial on fixing the Discord Screen Share No Audio issue will help you to fix it. If you are