Social networking sites have fundamentally changed the way we live in the Kingdom today. With the development of popular social media and messaging platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and more, it has become easy to communicate with others. Not only for communication purposes, but we have also started to use these platforms to share multimedia content such as images, videos, and much more.
Using Snapchat you can not only chat with your best friends, but you can also send snapshots of your memorable moments. Creating an account on Snapchat using your Android or iOS device is easy.
When creating a new Snapchat account, users usually provide their details such as usernames, passwords, and other details. It gives us suggestions to define a username. It’s about creating a new Snapchat account. What if you want to change the name of Snapchat? You may not find a direct option to change your username on Snapchat at any time. If you find it difficult, just scroll down the list of problems.
I forgot my Snapchat username:
Have you ever felt it was time for a new change? A change in your Snapchat username is also essential. You may have assumed that changing your Snapchat username is a breeze. If you think you can change a Snapchat username, head over to Settings and change your username. You are completely on the wrong side of the coin if you think so.
There is no working method to change the Snapchat username so easily. Unfortunately, Snapchat does not allow users to change their usernames for security reasons. For this reason, Snapchat users must keep the current username whenever they want to use the same account. Do not worry! There is definitely a great way to replace your Snapchat username with a custom display name.
There might be a situation when you have forgotten your Snapchat username. In this case, you will need to change the username to facilitate access. As mentioned above, there is no direct way to change Snapchat usernames like Facebook allows its users. Users can try some of the easy ways to delete their old Snapchat username by following the guide below.
How do I change my Snapchat username?
There are simple methods that users can use to change their Snapchat username with a simple trick. In this article, we have explained the ways to change the reason for this.
Change Snapchat username to custom display name
This is one of the best ways to help users change their Snapchat usernames with the help of a custom display name. Snapchat allows users to choose a display name that will be shown to their friends and others. You can change the display name at any time and it will be visible to all your contacts, existing and new contacts. The username may remain the same, but it is barely visible to your friends. Follow the steps below:
Go to App settings
- Log in to your account and tap on the little ghost icon in the upper left corner of your phone’s screen to access your profile.
- In the upper right corner of your phone’s screen, find the gear icon, and go to Settings.
Change your display name
- The basic settings are linked to your username.
- Even if you touch the Username option, nothing will be changed.
- Next to it, you will find an icon. By tapping it, you will be able to share your Snapchat username with others through various apps.
- Just tap on the Name option and you can change your first and last name in the corresponding fields.
- You can even leave the Last Name blank.
- Click the Save button after making certain changes.
Verify your new display name
- The names you saved in the previous step will appear in your friends’ chats as well as in stories instead of your previous username.
- When your friends open a chat with you, they can see your username.
- Once you’ve saved your display name, you can go back to your profile and review your new name, which will appear just below your Snapcode.
Change the Snapchat username using an Email ID
Since we provided a step-by-step guide on how to change the Snapchat username without creating a new account in the above method, this method is very different. You can change the Snapchat username to a different Snapchat account created with a different email address. Follow the steps below to change the username of your Snapchat account.
- First, open your Snapchat app and navigate to your profile.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to find the Sign Out option.
- Tap Sign out, and after signing out, tap the Sign In button.
- Fill in the required information and be sure to use a different email address than the one you are using for your current Snapchat account.
- Go to your profile and click “Add friends.” You can “Add from Contacts”.
- Press the Next button and wait a moment.
- In the next pop-up window, hit the “OK” button and enable Snapchat to access your contacts.
- You can then add the contacts you want.
- Log into your old Snapchat account and navigate to your profile.
- Then you can click on the “My friends” option and select any user. The Snapchat username will appear on the screen.
- Ignore the friends you have already added to the new Snapchat account.
- Login to your new Snapchat account again and add friends or add by username.\\
- After making the necessary changes, you can permanently delete the old account.
That’s it! These are the different ways that users can change their usernames for the Snapchat account. Hope this tutorial was the best part to help you find workarounds on how to change Snapchat username. If you still find this difficult or have any questions, just leave them in the comment section below. Comment your thoughts and ideas on the best Snapchat username with other readers.