Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms to exist. Facebook was recently rebranded into a newly formulated company known as ‘Meta’. The current CEO of Meta or Facebook is the co-founder of Facebook, i.e Mark Zuckerberg.
Facebook is one of the highest-grossing sites on the internet with its active users almost clocking 3 billion which is a very huge number. Facebook has been updating its application and its algorithms in order to make it more functional and stable to use for the people who have registered for it.
Recently Facebook has significantly increased its features for watching interesting and funny videos on it. There are a lot of categories such as tech, education, movies, songs, comedy, motivational and so on, from which one can choose and watch the videos.
A lot of the time people want to go back and rewatch a particular video or erase the history of them watching it. However, due to the slightly complicated nature of Facebook, it may not be entirely possible for someone who doesn’t have a lot of knowledge about technology to find it with ease.
There is nothing to worry about in this context since we are here to guide you about how to find the video you had previously watched and also delete the history of watching it if you require.
You can follow the steps to ensure that your operation of deleting the history is carried out easily. Before we move on to the guide it is highly recommended that you update your application to ensure that all the features are available on your app.
How to Find Watch History in Facebook App?
It is quite easy and simple to find out your viewing history on the Facebook Application on your mobile or smartphone.
After the new update, there is a new Facebook Activity Log Feature available which can be easily accessed.
Using this new activity log feature you can easily access and also manage things you do on your activity which also includes revisiting the videos you have watched.
To find the video history on the Facebook application all you have to do is:
- Open the Facebook Application on your smartphone.
- Tap on your Profile Photo.
- Once you press on your photo there will be a drop-down menu displayed wherein you have to press the More button.
- Once you go to the More button press on the Activity Log.
- Under this section, you tap on the category button and then scroll down to select the ‘Video You’ve Watched’
- Once you are inside the ‘Video You’ve Watched’ Section you can easily view all the videos you have watched on Facebook.
This is how you can easily view the watch history in your Facebook, Now coming to the deletion of the Facebook history part.
Read: How to Lock Your Facebook Profile? (Easy way)
This may be a little complicated since Facebook keeps updating its application, hence making it difficult for users to exactly locate the place to delete the viewing history.
However, there is nothing much to worry about since we are here to guide you step by step on the deletion of the viewing history. Please note that this particular guide would be effective for you only if you have updated your application to its latest version.
Here is the step-by-step process in which you can delete your viewing history on your Android Phone or iPhone.
- Firstly go to your profile page section on the Facebook Application.
- Now tap the hamburger menu(three dots) and then go to the activity log.
- Under that section tap on the filters button and then go to categories.
- From the list of the Categories tap on logged action and other activities.
- Once you are in the logged action section tap on the videos you’ve watched.
- Then post that press on the three dots.
- Once you press on the three dots, the option of Delete would pop up which you have to tap in order to get rid of the watch history.
This is how one can easily get rid of the watch history using the Facebook application on their mobile phones. The process to delete the viewing history is very similar both on IOS and Android devices apart from a view User Interface changes.
All of these steps would be applicable to a user only if they have updated the application to its latest version. The older versions of Facebook have a different method to delete the watch history.
How to Delete Watch Video History on Facebook using a Personal Computer
Deleting the watch history from your Facebook account is quite easy and simple especially if you are attempting to do so on a Personal Computer or a Laptop.
There is a good feature known as the activity log which is present when you try accessing your account via a PC or a Laptop which is very useful.
Using the activity log you can look at all the list of the videos you have viewed and also use it to manage privacy settings for the respective video and also delete it if required.
As said earlier it is very simple to do so. Below is the step by step guide on how can you delete your Facebook video history on Facebook easily with the use of Activity Log –
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to your profile, click on the hamburger menu, and select activity log.
- After this click on the ‘Video’s You have Watched’ Panel.
- Now you can look at all the videos you have watched, and if you want to delete them click on the delete button next to them.
- You can delete all the viewing history at once if you click on the Video Watch History at the top.
By using these methods for smartphones, personal computers and laptops you can easily revisit the videos you had watched and also delete them easily.