Facebook is one of the oldest and giant social networks that connect people around the world. Earlier it was known for its website but the Facebook app has become the most downloaded application in both the App stores. All of us have an account on Facebook and nothing could be more convenient than scrolling the Facebook feed looking at memes on your smartphone.
It is always a good idea to keep updating facebook to it’s latest version. With the latest update, you can enjoy the latest features and the user experience keeps improving. Well, if you haven’t yet updated your Facebook App on your smartphone, here a quick guide to keep updating facebook to its latest version.
Steps for Updating Facebook on Android
- Go to the Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
- Tap in the “Search” box.
- Type “Facebook”.
- Tap on the “Facebook” app icon.
- If your Facebook app isn’t up to date, you will see the option of “Update”. Otherwise, the “Open” option will be shown.
- To Update, tap on the option.
- Soon, the update will be done and the latest features will be synchronized to your Facebook account.
Alternatively, there is another way to check the available update for the Facebook App. Here are the details.
- Open your Google Play Store App on Android phone.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “My Apps & games” out of the list of options.
- In this option, you will get all the updates of apps installed on your App.
Steps for Updating Facebook App on iPhone
With the latest iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, Apps are updated automatically by default. But if you have turned off automatic updates for some reasons then you can follow the below steps to manually update apps.
- Launch the Apple App Store.
- Now, Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Further, Scroll down to see all the pending updates. Tap on Update next to an app to update that app.
- You can tap Update All to update all the apps.
For more queries on the topic, we have some Frequently Asked Questions.
Is It Important To Update Facebook Regularly?
Yes, of course. As said above, updating the Facebook account facilitates you with the latest updates and new features added by the developer. Like if you are still using the old Facebook version, you might be deprived of using the latest GIFs, stickers, and the 24 story mode.
What if I Would Not Be Able To Access Google Play Store?
There could be many reasons for not able to access the Google Play Store. You may update the app. Alternatively, for updating Facebook, you may install the APK file of Facebook. This could be done without installing through the Google Play Store. However, only download APK files from trusted sources so that you don’t install any malware and virus files.
Do My Login Details Change If I Update My Facebook App?
No, your Facebook credentials will not be affected at all. Your username and password will not be changed. Yeah! it might be possible that the app interface or other things might change but your password and username will not change unless you change it.