Instagram, also known as IG, is a popular social media platform that allows users to share photos and videos. Every day, more than one billion people use Instagram.
Sometimes you like a video or photo on Instagram and want to save it to your collection.
But as of now, there’s no built-in feature in the Instagram app that allows users to download videos or photos from public or private accounts directly.
Luckily, there are a few ways that you can use to download Instagram photos or videos.
This blog post will show you how to download Instagram stories, videos, photos, stories, reels, highlights, and IGTV on your PC, Android, and iOS devices.
So keep reading to learn how!
- How To Download Instagram Videos
- How To Download Instagram Videos On PC
- How To Download Instagram Videos On iPhone
- How To Download Instagram Videos On Android
- How To Download Instagram Reels
- How To Download Instagram Highlights And Stories
- How To Download Instagram IGTV
- How To Download Instagram Photos, Pictures, Images, and Posts
- Best Apps to Download Instagram Videos and Photos on PC, Mac, Android, or iOS
How To Download Instagram Videos
The methods for downloading Instagram videos vary depending on the device and the type of content.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to download Instagram videos on any device:
How To Download Instagram Videos On PC
If you want to download Instagram videos on your PC, there are a couple of methods you can use Instagram video Downloader Instastories.watch
The first method is to use screen recording software to save the Instagram video. There are a lot of free online screen recorders, like Bandicam, WorkinTool VidClipper, and Movavi.
To download an Instagram video via screen recording on your PC, follow these steps:
- First, download and install WorkinTool VidClipper.
- Then, launch the app and click on Screen Recorder or Screencast.
- Now, select the Recording Selection option to customize the recording screen according to the video. In addition, there are other video recording settings you might want to check out.
- Once you’ve chosen the recording area, click Start to record.
- The recording will start after a three-second countdown.
- When you finish recording the Instagram video, go to the saved computer location to find it.
Another way to download Instagram videos on your PC is through the browser’s Development Tools.
Here’s how to do so:
- First, open the Instagram app in Google Chrome.
- Then, locate the video you want to download and play it.
- Now, right-click on the video and select Inspect from the drop-down menu (or press Ctrl+Shift+I). On your browser, it can also be “View page source.”
- After that, press the Ctrl+F keys to open the Find icon. Then type in .mp4 in the search bar.
- The search will open up a code section. Here, copy the link next to “src.”
- Now paste this link into a new tab, and the video will start playing.
- After that, right-click on the video again and select “Save video as” to download it onto your PC.
How To Download Instagram Videos On iPhone
The following are a few ways to download Instagram videos to your iPhone:
The easiest way to save an Instagram video is to record your phone screen while the video is playing. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to your iPhone’s Control Center by swiping it down from the bottom of the screen.
- Then, tap the circular Record icon.
- Click Start Recording. Now a three-second countdown will start before recording.
- Record the Instagram video you would like to save.
- After that, open the Control Center again and press the circular Record button to stop recording.
Once the recording process is complete, you can check out your video in your photos app.
Here’s how to download IG videos using Safari:
- First, launch the Instagram app on your iPhone and open the video you want.
- Then, click on the three dots (⋮) above the video and select Copy Link.
- Now go to Safari browser on your iPhone and open the Instagram video downloader (Storiesig or InstaStories.watch).
- Paste the video link you copied in the Instagram video downloader and press the Download button. The servers will now fetch your video.
- Once your video is ready, click the Download video button.
- After this, Safari will ask you to download the video. Confirm it by clicking Download.
- You can track the progress of your download by clicking the Downloads icon. Once the download is complete, hit that icon to check the downloaded video.
- Now choose the video, click the Share icon, and select Save video to save the video to Camera Roll.
You can also download an Instagram video post, story, or reel with the help of a third-party app.
- First, install Blaze: Browser & File Manager app from the Apple App Store.
- Now open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Click the three-dot icon on the video post you wish to save and select Copy Link.
- Paste this link into the Blaze app and press the Download button.
- Then select the option to save the video to your camera roll.
And that’s it!
Below are a few best third-party apps to download IG videos on your iPhone:
How To Download Instagram Videos On Android
Downloading IG videos on an Android device is more straightforward than on an iPhone device.
Unfortunately, Android phones don’t have a built-in feature that allows you to record a screen. The only way to record your screen is through a third-party app.
Here are some of the best apps to screen record on Android devices:
- AZ Recorder
- Mobizen Screen Recorder
- DU Recorder
With these screen recorders, you can choose custom resolution up to 1080p, bit rate up to 12 Mbps, and frame rate up to 60 FPS.
Android phones automatically save all videos you watch, so you just have to find them. The steps you need to take are as follows:
- First, go and watch the IG video you want to download.
- Remember that you’ll need to watch the whole video to get the full download.
- Now, open the File manager on your phone and follow these instructions: Android > data > com.instagram.android > cache > videos.
- Here you’ll find all the videos you’ve viewed, and they will have the .clean extension.
- Now click on them and select the Video file type to play them.
Please Note: All these videos will be saved in the cache. You’ll lose all videos if you delete the phone cache.
Alternatively, you can use a third-party app to download videos that won’t force you to view them first. Inshot Video Downloader for Instagram is one of the most reliable apps to download Instagram videos.
Here’s how to use it:
- First, visit the Google Play Store and install the Video Downloader for Instagram by InShot Inc.
- Then open the Instagram app and select the video you want to download.
- In the upper-right corner of the video post, click the three-dot icon.
- Here, select “Copy Link” in the pop-up.
- After that, open the video downloader app again and paste the link you copied into it to start the download.
- Once the downloading finishes, the video will automatically be saved on the smartphone. You can find it in your phone’s Gallery or File Manager.
Below is a list of some other best apps for downloading Instagram videos:
- InsTake Downloader
How To Download Instagram Reels
There’s no way to download others’ Instagram reels. The only possible way to download someone else’s IG reel is through a third-party app.
You can use Repost or the iGram app to save Instagram reels on your iOS or Android device.
Here’s how to download Instagram reels:
- First, open the Instagram app and select the reel video you want to save.
- Once the Reel is open, click on the three-dots icon and then select Copy Link.
- From here, visit the instastories.watch website.
- Once the website opens, paste the copied Link in the box that says ‘Insert Instagram Link Here.’
- Now, hit the Download button.
- Then the page will refresh and display the Reel you copied. Scroll down to find the Download.mp4 button.
- The download will begin on your device as soon as you click Download.mp4.
How To Download Instagram Highlights And Stories
You can only save Instagram highlights and stories using a third-party app or website. Here’s how to download Instagram highlights or stories using the InstaVideoSave app on your mobile or computer device:
- Open your Instagram app and select the highlights or stories you wish to download.
- Then click on the three-dot icon and select Link.
- Next, visit the InstaVideoSave app and paste the copied link into the search box.
- Finally, hit the Download button to save your Instagram highlight or story to your device.
How To Download Instagram IGTV
Here’s how to download Instagram IGTV using the iGram tool on your smartphone or PC:
- First, launch the Instagram app and navigate to IGTV to select the video or picture you wish to download.
- Now tap on the three-dot icon and select Copy Link.
- Paste this link into iGram Downloader and hit the Download button. Wait for the download to complete.
- Once the download is done, you can view the saved file whenever you like in your phone’s gallery or computer folder.
How To Download Instagram Photos, Pictures, Images, and Posts
Below is a step-by-step guide to download or save Instagram photos, pictures, images, and posts for all devices.
How To Download Instagram Photos On A PC
Taking a screenshot is the easiest way to capture or save Instagram images to your PC if size or resolution isn’t an issue.
Here’s how to take a screenshot like a pro using Windows’ Snipping Tool:
- Open the Instagram app in your web browser and navigate to the photo you wish to download.
- Now launch the Snipping Tool on your PC by selecting the ‘Start’ button and typing ‘Snipping Tool’ into the Windows 10 search bar.
- In the Snipping Tool, adjust your Mode and click New in the menu toolbar.
- Now select the area of the image you want to save using your cursor.
- Then, click Save Snip after capturing your snip.
- In the Save As box, type a file name, location, and type, and click Save.
And that’s it!
Here’s how to download Instagram pictures or photos using your desktop browser:
- Open the Instagram website on your PC and navigate to the photo you wish to download.
- Right-click on the image and select View page source. A separate browser tab will open up with the page source code.
Note: If you’re not logged into your Instagram account, you’ll need to right-click the image and choose “Copy Link Address.”
- Now scroll down or use the Find tool (Ctrl+F) until you see the first .jpg link you come across.
- Copy the URL text of the first .jpg between the two quotation marks.
- Now paste the link into a new tab and hit Enter.
- After the picture has loaded, right-click on it and choose ‘Save image as’ to download it to your computer.
How To Download Instagram Photos On iPhone
To screenshot someone else’s Instagram photo on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Navigate the photo you wish to download on Instagram.
- Now press and hold the volume up button and the Home button on your iPhone at the same time.
- After that, release both buttons. The screen will briefly flash white when you release your fingers from the buttons.
- When you take a screenshot, your iPhone displays a thumbnail of the screenshot in the lower-left corner.
- Tap on the thumbnail to open and edit the screenshot if desired, or wait for the screenshot to save automatically to your iPhone’s Photos app or Camera Roll.
Here’s how to download Instagram images on an iPhone through Safari:
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to the photo you like to save on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the photo post and click Copy Share URL.
- Now open Safari and Paste & Go to the URL you have copied.
- Long press on the photo you like to download and click Copy.
- After that, open the Notes app and add a new note. Then long press to Paste the photo into the Note.
- Lastly, click on the Share button and tap Save Image.
Now you can find the image in your iPhone’s Camera Roll or Photos app.
How To Download Instagram Photos On Android?
For Android Devices
Here’s how to take screenshots on an Android phone:
- Press the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to take a screenshot of an Instagram image on your Android phone.
- When you take a screenshot, it will save automatically into your phone’s gallery or file manager.
Using Inshot App
Here’s how to save Instagram photos using the Inshot app:
- Open the Instagram app and search for the image you’d like to save.
- Now click the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the image and select Link.
- Launch the video downloader (Inshot app) and paste the Link you copied, and the image will begin downloading.
- The image will automatically be saved to your phone when the downloading is complete.
Best Apps to Download Instagram Videos and Photos on PC, Mac, Android, or iOS
Here is a list of the best online tools to download Instagram stories, reels, highlights, and IGTV videos or photos to any device:
As you can see, we have discussed different ways to download Instagram posts on PC, iPhone, or Android devices. I’m sure you’ll be able to find the one that suits you best.
If you use Instagram more frequently, I recommend using a third-party app or online tool to download Instagram posts.
According to my experience, instastories.watch is the fastest and most user-friendly way to download Instagram photos and videos on any device.
Please let us know if you have any suggestions or questions in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you!