While downloading YouTube videos using YTD video downloader I faced some error which displays “Failed (2). The video you have requested is not available”. First I though the video might be deleted from YouTube, but I was facing the error for each and every YouTube video. So I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it again, but the error still exist. I also tried to update the software to it’s latest version but still no luck. After performing some crazy troubleshooting methods I was able to fix YTD video downloader Failed 2 error. So follow the below methods to fix this error.
Fix Failed (2) Error – The video you have requested is not available
There are two methods, the first it’s quite easy as it uses a program called CCleaner. This method is especially for noobs who are not much used to their computer. While if you are a geek and you usually play with your PC settings then the second method is for you.
Method 1 – For Basic Users :
- So first we need to uninstall YTD Video Downloader. So go to control panel and select Programs and further click on Uninstall a program.
- Now look for YTD Video Downloader and double click it to uninstall it.
- After it’s completely uninstalled, download and install CCleaner.
- Once the installation is completed launch CCleaner and click on Run Cleaner.
- Now it will start cleaning junk files from your computer.
- Once the process is completed click on Registry tab and click on scan for issues.
- After the scanning process is completed click on Fix selected issues.
- It will then create a backup of your registry, Save the file at a safe location as you may need it later if your PC is screwed.
- You’re done. Now Install YouTube downloader again and the problem will be solved.
- If the error still exist then you can also download YouTube videos without using any software or follow the below method.
Method 2 – For Advanced Users :
- Uninstall YTD Video Downloader by going to control panel > Programs and further click on Uninstall a program.
- Search for YTD Video downloader and uninstall it.
- Once you have uninstalled YTD video downloader, Press windows + R hotkey to open the run window.
- Type regedit.exe and press enter to open the registry editor.
- I recommend to backup your registry before making any changes. You can do this by going to file and then select export.
- In register editor navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > GreenTree Applications.
- Now on the Right hand side you will find something called Default, Right click it and select Delete.
- That’s it, Install YTD video downloader again and this time you will no longer face Failed (2). The video you have requested is not available.
Also Read – Unblock YouTube at School or Workplace