If you have been browsing the popular social media websites out there, you may have a new trend out there. Recently people have been using the Pixar filter to turn themselves into cartoon characters on Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and others.
This filter and the apps that are used to make them have been around for some time, but they have only recently gotten popular because of people using the newly added filter on popular social media. This trend has gained the most amount of popularity after it was released on Snapchat as a filter, with other social media catching up soon after.
If you are wondering how you can try out the filter for yourself, this article will guide you through the steps to do so. First, we will take a look at how you can do this from the Instagram app, and later follow up with other social media websites and apps that you can use.
How to Get the Disney Pixar Filter on Instagram
As of now, there are no relevant filters that you can use directly from the Instagram app. But, you can always use other social media platforms or apps that allow you to create photos and videos with this filter, and then upload the final results to Instagram in order to share with your friends.
How to Create Pixar Filter Videos and Images on Instagram Using Snapchat
Snapchat was one of the first social media platforms to introduce the new Disney Pixar filter. You can use the filter from their camera effects, and share it on your Instagram. Follow the steps listed below to do this:
- Download the Snapchat app or open it on your phone.
- Either Sign in to your existing Snapchat account or create a new account on the platform.
- After logging in to your account in Snapchat, look for the camera icon on the bottom.
- Once you’re on the part with the front camera facing you, look at the ‘Browse’ and ‘Explore’ options on the bottom navigation bar.
- You can find and apply various filters and effects from here.
- On the top side, you’ll find a search box. Look up ‘Cartoon 3D Style’ or ‘Disney Pixar Filter” to find the relevant search results.
- There are quite a few of these filters out there which are similar to one another, but you can browse and find the one that works the best for you.
- Tap on your desired filter, and create a video or photo, and save it.
- You have the options to either share it on Snapchat or save it to your storage for further use on Instagram.
Now that you have saved the image with the filter applied to it in your device storage, you can upload it to Instagram by following these simple steps.
- First, you need to download and/or open the Instagram app on your phone and log in to your account.
- Once inside the app, swipe to the left to access the Instagram camera, stories, reels, and live video options.
- Tap on ‘Story’, and select the gallery icon on the bottom left corner. Generally, you’ll find the most recent image on your phone in this gallery icon.
- Select the image or video that you created earlier on Snapchat, and after applying any other desired edits, tap on the ‘Your Story’ button to share the Disney Pixart version of yourself with your friends and family.
How to Get The Disney Pixar Filter on Instagram Using Third-Pary Apps
Apart from Snapchat and Instagram, there are many other applications available on most phones that allow you to create the Disney Pixar version of yourselves to share on Instagram. We have listed a few different apps for this purpose, and the detailed steps required to do so.
Voila AI Artist
This app is available on both Android and iOS phones and offers a lot of features to edit and apply filters to selfies and other photos. There are several different options available, and you can choose the 3D cartoon filter in this app to create a photo of yourself with the Disney Pixar filter. The steps to edit and share your images are listed below:
- Download and open the app on your phone.
- In the Vola AI Artist app, you’ll find the ‘3D cartoon mode’. Select this to proceed with taking a photo of yourself or another subject.
- You can also edit images of popular celebrities from this app. Once you have taken the photo, wait for the app to finish rendering the effect.
- After this process, you will get a grid with the captured photo. Here, you can choose from either the ‘Royalty’, ‘Baby’, or ‘Cartoon 3D filter’.
- You can share the created image directly using the ‘share’ button on the corner of the app, or save the image to your phone for uploading it through Instagram.
ToonMe – Cartoon Face Filter
With ToonMe, you can capture a photo of your face, and apply various cartoon effects to it. This app is also available on both iOS and Android. Apart from the Disney Pixar filter, you can also get many other similar effects.
After applying other filters and effects to your photo, you can share them to Instagram directly from this app. It features advanced face recognition to create an accurate depiction of how you’d look like a cartoon character.
The Disney Pixar filter is one of the trending effects that is being used by many creators on various social media platforms. You can try out the filter for yourself and post it on Instagram for your friends and family to enjoy.
However, Instagram does not currently feature a filter that you can directly apply while creating a story. But, the methods listed in this article should help you to create the images using other platforms and apps that have the filter, and then upload them to Instagram with ease.